thirty-four

This world is not fair

You find yourself someone you like, only for them to not like you back the same way.

And when you find someone who's supposed to be bonded to you, someone who's supposed to be your other half in good and evil, he hates your very being and probably damns the day you were born.

Chaeyoung's life in a nutshell, and honestly, she was not even surprised at this point.

This is why she tried to avoid getting attached to those scars, not trying to find that someone who's supposed to be existing for her.

She only got hurt, losing the last hope she had.

"Yah!" Chaeyoung looked around frowning, noticing Taehyung jog after her in the heavy rain. She scoffed and turned back around, speeding up her steps. She wiped at her cheeks but to no avail, she was dripping wet to the bones anyway.

"Go away!"

"Don't be stupid and go back in! It's raining!"

"No shit Sherlock!"

"Don't be smart with me and let's go back! We'll get sick!"

"If it bothers you so much then you go back alone! I don't know why you're following me anyway," she yelled over the rain and turned the corner of the street, continuing her way along the main road.

"Hey! But your apartment is too far! Are you seriously going to walk there?"

Chaeyoung sighed, not bothering to answer him anymore.

What was his problem?

He was calling her a slut just a few minutes ago and now he cares if she gets sick or not?

It was silent for a while so Chaeyoung looked around, making sure he was gone but to her surprise, Taehyung was still following few meters behind her, hands in his pockets, eyes glaring holes into the back of her head.

"Stop following me!" she yelled frustrated, speeding her walk as she crossed her arms on her chest, her teeth beginning to chatter in the cold.

"Chaeyoung, come on! I didn't mean the things I said, you just pissed me off!" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, scoffing.

He sure does know how to apologize to people.

"Chaeyoung! I'm sorry, alright? Now talk to me!" Chaeyoung stopped in her tracks with a heavy sigh, closing her eyes shut. She turned around to see him catching up.

When he was finally standing next to her, breathing hard, Taehyung was about to say something but she cut him off.

"Go home Taehyung, don't bother yourself with me. I already forgot the things you said to me. It's fine," she muttered without looking at him and walked off, the cold rain making her hug herself tighter.

"Doesn't look like it to me," Taehyung said as he walked after her, making Chaeyoung cry internally.

"Well, and why does it bother you out of all people?"

"I don't know it just does!"

"Go home!"

"I don't wanna!" Chaeyoung whined under her nose, wondering what in the world got into him.

She didn't bother to lead another useless conversation with him as they silently neared her apartment block.

Chaeyoung walked inside the building and made a sharp turn in the door, looking at Taehyung with a questioning look.

But once she saw him, her stone-cold look disappeared.

He was hovering over her dripping wet, his dark hair glued to his face as his teeth chattered just like hers, his nose and cheeks flushed due to the cold.

Chaeyoung bit her lip and looked away, thinking of what to do.

She sighed, scratching her head frustratingly.

She was so going to regret this later.

"Come in. But! Only till it stops raining." Taehyung nodded his head, drops of water falling down his chin and neck.

Chaeyoung looked away and made her way to the staircase with Taehyung following closely behind.