two

"Seriously, you're pathetic and this is already getting old, don't you have hobbies or something? Go mind your own business and don't bother us

"Seriously, you're pathetic and this is already getting old, don't you have hobbies or something? Go mind your own business and don't bother us."

This was already a daily routine for them, the words leaving Chaeyoug's mouth as if reciting them from a book.

She picked up Jimin's books from the ground, the said boy standing behind her with his head bowed down.

Mark only rolled his eyes and kicked away the book she was about to pick up, walking away while laughing with his group of stupid friends. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at his typical 'bad boy' behavior and quickly gathered all the fallen things, tucking them back into Jimin's backpack.

"You alright?" she asked, handing him the backpack.

"You didn't have to do that." She sighed, shaking her head.

"Of course I had to, I can't see you getting humiliated on your own." He gave her a small smile, making her insides clench at the gesture like always.

"Thanks, Chae," he hugged her tightly, her heart beating so fast it was about to fly out of her rib cage.

His affectionate and soft actions were going to get her killed one day, she was too weak to be indifferent when he treated her like this.

~♡~

Closing the door of her small apartment tiredly, she threw her backpack aside carelessly and waddled towards her bathroom, eager to freshen up.

School sucked and she was literally so close to just burn the hell hole down to ashes, together with all the people in it, may she add.

She slowly stripped her clothes and glanced at herself in the mirror, sighing at the disturbing sight.

Her chest and abdomen, her back, and even her neck were all covered in scars. Scars she didn't imprint on her own. Scars that never hurt but still decorated her body as if they were supposed to tell a story of her own.

Chaeyoung never paid too much attention to the whole soulmates phenomenon. She had decided a long time ago that she wanted to have a right to say in the person she wanted to spend her life with. Having someone tied to her by fate just never sat well with her.

Especially after her parents' divorce who were- by the way- also soulmates.

But whoever out there was supposed to be that someone for Chaeyoung should really stop being so clumsy, all the scars they both had by now were too much.