twelve

"Why are we here again?" scowled Chaeyoung as Jimin proceeded on dragging her along the packed corridors

"Because I want to see that dipshit's face of defeat."

"How do you even know he's going to lose?"

"I don't know that but I sure hope he does." She chuckled, shaking her head as they finally entered the gym.

It was the evening of the game and Jimin decided that the two of them should go, much to Chaeyoung's distaste. She didn't really like going to matches and neither did Jimin but for some reason, the boy was really confident about his hunch that the guy he hates the most- Mark, will lose today.

And Jimin couldn't waste the opportunity to see that.

The two sat down on the bleachers in the corner, the other side of the bleachers already filled with students from the other school.

"What school are we playing against today?" asked Chaeyoung, frowning as she looked through all the unfamiliar faces.

"Haran High." She raised her eyebrow at the familiar name.

Haran High School was from a nearby town, it was a high school as small as theirs.

"Haran? Isn't that where Taehyung goes to?"

"Yeah." She scrunched up her nose in distaste, running her eyes over the people on the other side of the gym, looking for the familiar mop of black hair. "But he's not here if you're looking for him. He doesn't attend the games."

Chaeyoung 'aahed', relief washing over her body. She didn't feel like meeting the guy anyway.

Jimin, pretending not to notice the suspicious relief in Chaeyung's features looked away, watching the players who were warming up for the game.

"Say what, if Mark loses tonight, I'm inviting you over to watch some anime, how does that sound?" Chaeyoung's eyes sparkled immediately at the mention of anime, her head snapping immediately in Jimin's direction.

"Really?"

"I promise on my holy collection of Pokemon cards." Chaeyoung smiled excitedly, clapping her hands.

"That stinky oaf better loses tonight, if not I'm making him lose myself." Jimin laughed at Chaeyoung's determination, both of them now hoping for their own school to lose the match.

It was stupid, but they didn't really care about the game itself anyway.

~♡~

They both stretched their limbs tiredly at the final credits rolled down, the outro song playing in the background.

The small living room was dark, the only source of light being the flashing TV screen which eliminated their slouched forms on the couch.

Chaeyoung glanced sideways at Jimin who rubbed his sleepy eyes, Chaeyoung's chest swelling at the adorable sight.

"Man, Howl's moving castle never gets old." Chaeyoung hummed in agreement, straightening up.

"Well, thanks for inviting me over, it was lovely spending time with you my friend, but I should go, it's already late," sighed Chaeyoung tiredly, thinking of having to go all the way back to her apartment at this time. She could only imagine how chilly it was out there in the early morning.

"Don't be stupid just stay over, we haven't had a sleepover for such a long time," whined Jimin, stretching like a cat as he wrapped his arms around her waist, making himself comfortable.

Chaeyoung's heart thudded wildly in her chest, his actions making her cheeks burn up uncontrollably.

"I don't know..." she hesitated, biting her lip.

She wanted to tell him, the reason behind them not spending so much time together lately was his other dear best friend, but she held herself back, knowing Jimin held Taehyung dearly to his heart. No matter how much she didn't like the guy, she couldn't hurt Jimin that way.

"I wasn't asking." She laughed at his grumble, getting comfortable on the couch with a sigh anyway.

"Okay then, I guess I could stay." She smiled as he cheered softly, fist-bumping the air in victory.

" She smiled as he cheered softly, fist-bumping the air in victory