sixteen

Chaeyoung's stomach ached as if filled with acid, making her grip her tummy tightly as she sat hunched over the toilet

She was left feeling hopeless on the bathroom floor, but she knew it was her fault. She ate a bigger dinner, knowing what was about to come. Knowing her demons would come for her for what she's done.

She wanted this hell to stop, she wanted to be normal again. But it wasn't as easy as it sounded.

No matter how much she tried to eat normally and ignore her thoughts, in the end they always got to her. She would never escape them.

There's only so much forsaking her mother would do, she knew things couldn't be helped right now. She was already way too deep and even after her mother left her, she was just as ill as she used to be with her mother there.

All she could do now was look forward to those days where her mind gave her some rest. Where she was able to enjoy herself, enjoy food, just like others did.

But after every sunrise came the rain. And the stronger the sunshine, the heavier the storm.

She hated it, how her messed-up mind worked. Convincing her that what she was doing was the right thing. Convincing her she didn't need the food. Convincing her she needed to get rid of it.

And most of the time, Chayeoung was powerless against it. Letting her mind simply control her as there didn't seem to be anything else she was able to do.

 Letting her mind simply control her as there didn't seem to be anything else she was able to do