thirty

''I would appreciate it if you didn't tell Jimin about today

''I would appreciate it if you didn't tell Jimin about today.'' Chaeyoung looked up at him from the back seat.

The two were left sitting inside Jimin's car alone as he went into his house to pick up a few things, he was going to spend the night at Taehyung's.

''Why?'' In the review mirror, she could see him rolling his eyes.

''I don't want him to worry.'' She scoffed, looking outside the window.

''I'm not going to tell him, I am not a snitch. But you should do something about those guys if they just walk around, picking on everyone you know.''

''Do not fucking tell me what to do. I have things under control.''

''Doesn't seem like it to me.''

''Just shut up already.'' Clenching her jaw Chaeyoung didn't look at him, hurt.

It's like he didn't care a bit that she got attacked because of him. She wasn't the kind of person to hold it against him, but it hurt her seeing he didn't feel guilty at all.

On the front seat, Taehyung sighed.

''Look, I didn't mean for it to happen to you. But you shouldn't have run off like that either.''

''So it's my fault now?''

''Don't fucking twist my words.''

Sighing, Chaeyiung stayed silent, she was done with the pointless conversation.

~♡~

The sky was painted in colorful dusk when Taehyung slid up the little window before hopping up on the sill.

''Here,'' he handed Jimin the freezing can of beer and jumped on the slanted surface of the roof.

''Thanks.''

The two sat in silence, watching the landscape beyond their little town that could be seen above the roofs of little homes. Jimin looked Taehyung's way, observing his features.

Stone cold hard with his dimmed black eyes to match. Just as always, Taehyung was hard to read, even for Jimin who's known him since childhood.

''You've been acting odd ever since we came back from the fair. What's up?'' Taehyung gave Jimin a little glance before looking at the front again, raising the can to his lips, staying quiet.

Jimin sighed, looking away.

He wasn't stupid. He knew there was something going on between Chaeyoung and him. Their interactions were short and awfully forced. Knowing Taehyung's attitude, he knew that couldn't be avoided, but it's been months now.

When introducing the two together, Jimin knew they wouldn't click immediately. With Taehyung that was basically impossible.

But he just wanted him to meet new people. He wanted Taehyung to open up and he thought Chaeyoung would be the right person. She was kind and caring and she didn't judge people that easily, although she had her opinions on a lot of people.

Jimin wanted them to become good friends, but so far it didn't seem to go well.

''Tae?''

''Hm?''

''What do you think of Chae?'' at that, Taehyung turned towards his friend, his emotions hidden as always.

''She's alright.'' Jimin sighed, leaning his hands on his knees as he held the beer.

''You two don't seem to get along.''

Taehyung was quiet.

''Tae, I know you didn't want to meet her, but you know I only did it-''

''I know Jimin,'' sighed Taehyung, ''I know and I'm not upset with you. Chaeyoung is alright, now drop it.''

''How can I drop it when you seem to hate her? I know you're trying but-''

''I don't hate her, Chim.''

''Well it sure does look like you do,'' he replied, turning his focus on his friend who was avoiding his look, ''Is there something that's bothering you about her?''

At that Taehyung finally turned Jimin's way, looking him in the eyes with uncertainty.

Just like always, all he felt in Jimin's close presence was uncertainty. Fourteen years of knowing him and ten years of feeling this way, yet not once has he gathered up the courage to try and understand his real feelings towards Jimin. It all became particularly more difficult these last years after Taehyung got involved in all the shit that endangers not only him but his close ones as well. Today's event with Chaeyoung being only evidence of that.

''You wouldn't get it.''

''I'm your best friend, you c-''

''Jimin please!'' he jerked at his friend's exclaim, quieting down. Taehyung looked guiltily his way for the last time before standing up and leaving the roof.

''Please drop it, Chim.''