seven

Later that week, Chaeyoung was sitting down in one of the uncomfortable chairs in their public laundry, playing gin rummy with the two boys as they waited for Jimin's laundry to wash

The pale lights above flickered here and there, reflecting on the ugly yellow walls, the paint chipping off.

The place was pretty run down but people still used it very frequently, although, at the moment, there were only a few people including the trio by one of the tables.

''You suck at this,'' snickered Taehyung, Jimin's lips immediately forming a little pout.

''Hey, I'm trying okay?''

''Card games aren't for you my friend.''

''Not true! I beat you at uno hundred times already!''

''Uno is for kids.''

''Yet, you still lose against me.''

Leaning her face against her palm, Chaeyoung watched as the guys bickered playfully among each other. It was obvious they were very close.

And she had to admit, the sight hurt her a lot.

''I beat you plenty of times Jimin.''

''I would have remembered that.''

''Umm Jimim?'' piped up Chaeyoung silently, making the two look at her, ''it's your turn,'' she smiled.

''Oh, right!'' Sighing, she glanced at Taehyung who was watching her from across the table, the mock in his eyes making her want to poke them out.

As they proceeded to play, Chaeyoung couldn't help but frown as she struggled to hold on to all the cards in her hand, her fingers too short for it to be comfortable.

''Silly, you're holding them wrong,'' chuckled Jimin before placing his cards down on the table. Blushing, she watched as he reached for her hand, adjusting her fingers gently, ''you want to spread your fingers so they don't fall off but also so you can see the cards properly.''

Chaeyoung smiled softly, nodding.

''Thanks, Chim.''

Going back to their game, she glanced at Taehyung, raising her eyebrows at the glare he was sending her way.

''Oh, my laundry is done! I will go and throw it into the drier really quick,'' and with that Jimin scurried off to one of the laundry machines, leaving the two by the table alone in awkward silence once again.

Clearing her throat, Chaeyoung placed her cards down, looking around the old room.

''You try way too hard, don't you think?'' Frowning, she snapped her head back to Taehyung.

''I'm sorry?''

''I'm surprised Jimin hasn't noticed yet.''

''Noticed what?''