thirty-two

She sucked in her breath, thinking of a way out of this situation

Maybe going out for a small dinner wasn't the greatest idea.

Just after she purchased her ramen, her only meal of the day, Chaeyoung headed towards the window with a table and stools against it, overlooking the empty street ahead.

But she wasn't expecting Taehyung, sitting there and slurping on his noodles without a care in the world.

She zoomed in and noticed the small scar on the back of his neck, identical to hers, with the single difference that his had some dried blood still around it.

Taking a deep breath she walked towards the table, sitting at the other end, away from him.

But it wasn't that much of a distance, only two stools in between.

Without even glancing in his direction or acknowledging him in any way, Chaeyoung opened her now heated ramen and grabbed the chopsticks, separating them with a quiet snap.

After few moments she finally took all the courage she had in her and glanced Taehyung's way only to see him already looking at her with an unreadable look.

She quickly looked away as if nothing happened and ate her noodles, already regretting not going straight home after buying her dinner.

They ate in silence, only the sound of their loud slurps and a quiet radio playing in the background being heard.

Chaeyoung looked ahead at the street, thinking.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity to tell him the truth.

About her new discovery.

Only the thought of that made shivers run up her spine, already imagining the way Taehyung would react.

Maybe you would laugh it off, taking it as a joke?

Well, she could still take off her shirt and prove it to him just like that.

Chaeyoung shook her head, cursing at herself for even thinking of something like that.

Never in million years.

Maybe she should stay quiet about it.

But he deserved to know, right?

Maybe she should at least try to talk to him?

A soft drip-drop interrupted Chaeyoung's thinking, making her glance up and out of the window.

Great, it was starting to rain. Just her luck.

She glanced Taehyung's way as he stood up, the paper cup in front of him already empty. Chaeyoung panicked, noticing he was ready to go out.

And she did the most stupid thing she could do at that moment.

As he was about to walk around her she quickly spun around in her stool, gripping his wrist tightly.

Taehyung frowned looking down at her hand and then up at her with a confused look.

Well done, Chaeyoung.