twenty-eight

''So, what do you say?'' clapped Jimin excitedly, looking from Taehyung to Chaeyoung as they sat at a booth of the diner

''I don't know, you two can go without me,'' muttered Chaeyoung, frowning.

As much as she loved the yearly fair, she didn't know how she felt about going with Jimin and Taehyung. Ever since Taehyung's last confrontation at her apartment, she tried to avoid him as much as she could, she didn't want to make things more difficult for herself. And if that meant staying away from Taehyung, she would gladly do just that.

Not to mention her new discovery. After she had found out that Taehyung was supposed to be her soulmate, she tried to avoid him even more. She didn't know how she felt about it and until she figured herself out, she needed to keep a distance between the two.

''Oh come on, it wouldn't be the same without you,'' whined Jimin, reaching for her hand from across the table to tug at her sleeve.

In the corner of her eye, she could see Taehyung roll his eyes, making her stiffen.

''Jimin, seriously, I have some stuff to catch up on for school, and I-''

''Oh don't give me that crap Chae, we all know you study weeks before needed, I'm sure you will be fine.'' Sighing she looked away from Jimin.

She felt bad, she never missed a single fair, she always went with Jimin.

Looking back at him she nodded softly, making him cheer loudly, few people from the other booths looking at the trio oddly.

She would simply have to keep her distance from Taehyung while they are there, it shouldn't be that hard.

~♡~

The night of the fair, the three met up in front of Jimin's house before he drove them to the little clearing at the edge of the town where the fair was happening.

As the three got out, the sight of all the fairy lights hanging around, the little shops, and colorful rides made Chaeyoung smile widely, glad she accepted to come in the end.

They walked to the big tent near the entrance to buy the tickets before entering, the fair already bustling with life.

''So, what's the plan?'' asked Chaeyoung, holding onto Jimin's sleeve.

''There's a performance around ten so we're definitely seeing that. Till then let's just go around and maybe get on some rides!''

And so they walked further in, soon enjoying themselves in all kinds of stalls, playing games and enjoying the rides.

However, once Jimin announced he was hungry, is when things started to go wrong.

Chaeyoung was very hungry, but she didn't want to eat. She knew what would follow if she ate. She didn't feel like spending her night on the cold tiles of her bathroom again.

But she was so hungry.

She looked around with pursed lips, watching as people carried around plates full of all kinds of food, the smell making Chaeyoung even more starving.

But at the back of her mind, she felt disgusted with herself. She didn't need to eat, she needed to bear this.

Snapping out of the trance, she noticed Jimin waving her way from the other side of the tent so she waved back with a small smile before approaching them.

''You're not getting anything?'' he asked, giving her a knowing look as he and Taehyung both carried plates with food.

Tearing her eyes away from the food she gave him a tight smile, shaking her head.

''Nah it's okay, I'm not hungry.'' Jimin frowned but didn't say anything else before the three sat at one of the empty tables. The two boys started eating while Chaeyoung looked around before her eyes stopped at Taehyung who was sitting across from her, chatting with Jimin.

That night he wore a simple bandana over his fluffy black hair, the sight unfamiliar to her eyes as he looked more comfortable than other days. Unlike his usual leather jacket and ripped jeans, he wore a big black shirt and shorts, a very comfy look.

It suited him.

''I will go get more napkins,'' said Jimin and stood up, walking away.

Sighing, Chaeyoung looked down at the table in front of her.

''Why don't you eat anything?'' Startled she glanced up at Taehyung.

''I'm not hungry,'' she muttered simply before casting her eyes back down.

''I don't believe that.'' Sighing she glared up at him.

''How about you stop prodding in my business?'' she grumbled, using his own words against him which made him chuckle dryly.

''It's just a simple observation,'' she rolled her eyes, ''you know, not eating won't make you any less insecure.'' Flinching she looked at him, frowning.

''What are you talking about?'' He raised his eyebrow knowingly.

''You actually expect me to believe you're not hungry? You've been eyeing our food the whole time, looking as if you were gonna gulp it down together with the plates.'' Tightening her fists under the table she scowled at him.

''It's none of your business,'' she seethed.

''It's not. I'm just saying. Not eating is not the right way to go about it.''

Silently she looked down at her lap, the blaring thoughts making her head throb.

As if she didn't know that. As if she didn't know what she was doing to herself was harmful. But knowing and doing were two different things. She tried hundred times, but it was stronger than her. It was manipulating her, she was no longer in control.

''I know a few girls that starve themselves to look appealing to others. But in reality, they're never going to be content with themselves because they're going wrongly about it. That's-''

''You don't know anything!'' she snapped, silencing him. Standing up abruptly she ran away, clenching her fists so tight she could feel the blood seeping out.

But that wasn't important then, she needed to get rid of her thoughts fast. Very fast.

~♡~

{in the soop tae is what I live for >

{in the soop tae is what I live for >.<}
~♡~