forty

''Cat!'' yelled Chaeyoung, smiling as she heard the two boys start meowing at her

''Cat!'' yelled Chaeyoung, smiling as she heard the two boys start meowing at her. She tried really hard not to laugh at Taheyung's deep attempts to meow.

Oh, how she was enjoying herself right now.

Holding the shirt she had wrapped around her eyes she turned their way, making slow steps in the cold water.

Focusing on Jimin's voice she made a slight turn to the right with her arms in front of her, grinning as she heard his voice getting much clearer.

However just as she was sure he was close, the water around her swished and she heard Jimin laughing from behind her.

''Hey!''

Slow definitely wasn't the right way.

Frowning underneath the shirt she picked up her pace, waving her arms around.

''Chaee~'' pursing her lips she turned around hastily, Jimin was once again behind her.

How did he move so fast?

Staying silent, she focused on the sound of water swishing around, trying to listen for Taehyung.

He's been quiet for a bit now but he must be close.

She grinned hearing the sudden movement at her right.

If her calculations weren't wrong, she must be very close to the edge of the pool.

Turning to her right she spread her arms as wide as possible, approaching. She heard him move a bit, making her pick up her pace with a war cry.

Throwing herself in front she felt the edge of the pool beneath her fingertips and a warm presence of a body between her arms.

''Woah Chae, you're good!'' cheered Jimin from somewhere behind her, making her grin widely. She pulled the shirt down from her eyes, looking up at Taehyung in victory.

Her smile faltered a little as she looked into his eyes, the boy was watching her quietly, the proximity making his breath hit her face softly.

Taking a deep breath she watched him closely, remembering the occurrences last week.

It seemed like she discovered a new side of him, carefree and a little sweet. But it didn't last long. She couldn't deny it hurt her, the way he treated her that night before he stormed away.

At this point it wasn't even about Jimin anymore, she just wanted to be okay with Taehyung already, she wanted him to be okay with her.

But it seemed like he hated her too much.

With that thought she stepped away from him, handing him the shirt, not looking at him.

''You're it,'' she muttered and walked away towards Jimin who gave her a high-five, totally in awe at her victory.

Soon, Taehyung was standing in the middle of the pool, Chaeyoung in a corner behind him with Jimin not far off, closer towards where Taehyung was standing.

''You said, we could use people as well?'' called Taehyung from the middle, adjusting the shirt around his eyes.

''That's right!''

''Alright then, Chaeyoung!'' Chaeyoung widened her eyes, snapping her head to Taehyung who was smirking softly.

''Jimiiin I'm hungryyyy buy me some fooood~'' squealed Jimin in a high-pitched tone, making her snap her head at him with a gasp.

''Chim, what the hell? I don't sound like that!'' she argued, making him laugh.

''Oh believe me, my love, you sound much worse than that.'' She squeezed her fists in the water, scowling at him.

''Idiot,'' she muttered before glancing at Taehyung who was already approaching in Jimin's direction slowly.

Biting her lip she carefully approached them, ready to distract Taehyung if he gets too close to Jimin.

As quiet as a mouse, she stood few feet behind him, Taehyung almost towering over Jimin who gave her a wink.

Nodding, Chaeyoung smirked before splashing the back of Taehyung's head with water, making him stop his movements.

Holding in her laugh, she watched as he turned her way, the little scowl visible on his lips.

Giving her a thumb up, Jimin escaped quickly from Taehyung before approaching Chaeyoung, both of them watching Taehyung wearily as he slowly walked their way.

She watched confusedly as Jimin walked behind the blindfolded boy, giving her a suggestive look. At first, she didn't understand but once Jimin crouched down and motioned to Taehyung's legs, she understood, giving him a nod.

Grinning she watched as Jimin got ready, Taehyung already a few feet away.

Looking at Jimin, he started counting down on his fingers, and just as Taehyung was in her reach, Jimin mouthed 'go' before diving in.

Grinning she threw herself at the poor guy just as Jimin grabbed his legs from under the water, sending Taehyung down into the water with Chaeyoung following closely behind, laughing.

The two dived in, Taehyung taking off the shirt in a moment of shock. Laughing, Chaeyoung resurfaced back together with Jimin, both of them doubling over with laughs as Taehyung emerged as well, coughing out the water.

''You little bastards!''

''Got 'cha!'' Their smiles however disappeared quickly as Taehyung threw himself at the two, sending all three of them tumbling down to the water once again.

And in the silent night, they filled the area with their cheerful laughs as they played around like children, all their troubles disappearing for the moment as they enjoyed their time together. All three of them.