forty-two

''Jimin why do I have to go with you?'' whined Chaeyoung as her friend dragged her across the corridors, students who were waiting for the game to begin scattered all around

''Because you love me,'' he grinned. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

''That's beside the point, I'm sure you and Jennie would be just fine without-''

''Jennie!'' called Jimin, already dragging Chaeyoung towards the lockers where Jennie was standing, stepping from one foot to another.

''Guys, there you are!'' she laughed, jogging to meet them halfway, ''I was starting to get nervous, there are too many people around,'' she laughed awkwardly, looking around the bustling corridors.

One thing Chaeyoung learned about Jennie during these past few weeks was, that she didn't like crowds and tried to avoid them as much as she could. That's why Chaeyoung was surprised when she suggested the two see the match with her.

''Let's go to the bleachers then,'' smiled Jimin charmingly, making Jennie blush softly with a nod before the three made their way towards the gym.

''Who are we playing against?'' asked Chaeyoung.

''I'm pretty sure it's Haran.''

''What? Again?'' Jimin only shrugged and just as the three were about to enter the gym, Chaeyoung bumped into someone harshly, making her lose her footing and tumbling down to the ground.

''Chaeyoung!'' Jimin and Jennie were immediately at her sides, looking her over.

Glancing up, she noticed Mark walking away, his lips pulled up into a nasty smirk as he turned his head back to look at her.

Clenching her jaw she pulled herself up, dusting off her clothes.

''I'm okay guys.''

''Are you sure? Maybe we should go to the nurse's office?'' frowned Jennie as she looked Chaeyoung over, widening her eyes as they stopped at her knee, ''you're bleeding!'' Frowning, Chaeyoung looked down and sure enough, her knee was bleeding slightly. She must have ripped her skin as she slid down on the floor.

''Oh well, it's okay,'' she muttered, scrunching up her nose as she felt the little wound sting a bit.

''We can't just leave it like that though,'' frowned Jimin as he crouched down, poking her knee. Hissing, she swatted his head, making him look up at her with a pout.

''It's okay, the game will start soon so you two go ahead, I will clean it up in the bathroom. I will be with you in a bit.''

After more talking the two agreed before entering the gym, leaving Chaeyoung alone in the corridor.

Sighing she went inside a bathroom nearby. Grabbing a bunch of napkins she dipped them in the water before dabbing it slowly on the wound, hissing at the contact.