thirty-eight

Stirring under her sheets, Chaeyoung groaned as she felt something poke at her forehead

''Tan-ahh, baby don't,'' she groaned, turning to the side. Sighing in relief, she was about to fall back asleep when something poked at her side again, making her turn back around with a groan.

''Rise and shine sweetie.'' Peering through her sleepy eyes, she glared at Jimin who was standing over her bed, smiling at her cheekily.

''Chim, what the hell, what are you doing here?'' she muttered, pulling her duvet back over her chin.

''We're going out so get your little butt out of bed.''

''Oh get lost, it's still dark outside, you doofus.'' But just as she closed her eyes, the blankets got snatched away from her body, leaving her to shiver in her thin pjs.

''What the hell?'' she groaned, sitting up, glaring at Taehyung who was holding her blankets, looking at her blankly.

''I don't want to be here just as much as you but I won't lose any more of my precious time just because you're being a brat,'' he muttered, letting go of the blankets to tug his hands in his pockets, his face emotionless.

''Oh you two are seriously no fun,'' huffed Jimin with crossed arms, looking over the two.

With the heaviest sigh the earth ever witnessed, Chaeyoung climbed out of her bed, heading for her bathroom while throwing the two boys ugly glares.

Just as she was about to open the bathroom door, she heard Taehyung mutter something, making her clench her fists by her side.

''So you really do sleep with a plushie, huh?''

''Shut up!''

~♡~

Confused, she watched as Jimin parked on the parking lot of their town's public pool.

It was dark outside, the only source of light being the stars together with the full moon and the little building which served as reception, the pale green lights blinking eerily over the empty parking space.

''What are we doing here?'' she asked but got no response, the two boys at the front already getting out of the car. Sighing heavily she opened the door as well, getting out.

Jogging after the two she latched on Jimin's sleeve, tugging at it.

''Jimin, why are we here?''

''What do you think?'' he asked smugly, making her frown as she looked ahead, they were approaching the gate of the pool area.

''But it's closed!''

''No shit.'' She glared at Taehyung.

''Exactly, it will be fun with just the three of us, no?'' Unsurely, she gnawed at her lip as Jimin picked up his pace, excitedly skipping towards the gate.

''You want to climb over that?''

''Yup! It shouldn't be that hard, Taehyung did it plenty of times already.'' Chaeyoung looked doubtfully at Taehyung who was walking next to her.

That did not reassure her at all.

''Alright, I will go first,'' said Jimin, pulling up his sleeves before he started climbing the gate, the two watching him from behind.

''You know, if you're scared, you shouldn't bother.'' She snapped her head towards Taehyung, narrowing her eyes at him.

''I am not scared I just...I don't like the idea,'' she muttered to herself, crossing her arms over her chest.

''Maybe you should have brought your plushie with you for emotional support.'' Having enough of his snarky remarks, she jabbed him in his side with her elbow, making him hiss as he doubled over a little.

''Will you shut it?'' she hissed at him, her eyes trained at Jimin who was already almost up there.

''You little monster.'' Smiling proudly she turned to him, sticking out her tongue.

However, once she turned away, Taehyung brought his palms to her sides, squeezing them tightly, making her squeal, as she got on her tippy toes from the action.

''You prick!'' she cursed, trying to get herself away but Taehyung held her tightly, smirking down at her, ''Let me go!'' she whined but Taehyung only squeezed her sides tighter, making her slump back into his chest while wiggling around at the ticklish feeling.

''Not until you stop being a little brat,'' he mused mockingly down at her, making her groan but soon she was laughing quietly again, the ticklish feeling making her wiggle around in his arms more.

''Dream on you-''

''Did it!'' finally finding the strength, she pushed Taehyung away with her elbow before smoothing her hair, looking over at Jimin who was already on the other side of the gate.

Smiling proudly he turned around, looking at Chaeyoung.

''Come on your turn!''

''W-what? But-''

''Oh don't be a slowpoke! It's not that difficult! I will catch you here on the other side if anything!''

With a sigh, she approached the tall gate, looking up unsurely.

Giving herself a little pep-talk she grabbed the iron bars, climbing up carefully.

''Jimin, I swear to God if this turns out badly, I will-''

''Yeah yeah, skin me alive, now climb!''

Clenching her teeth she climbed slowly, her heart almost flying out of her ribcage as her hand slipped, sending her down. Luckily she managed to catch on to the bars, her cheeks dusting over with blush as she felt Taehyung's hands on her waist, securing her.

Taking in a deep breath, she started to climb again. Once she was up, she looked at Jimin unsurely.

''What now?''

''Just jump!''

''What?!''

''It's not that high, come on!'' sighing, she closed her eyes, cursing at Jimin internally. Gulping, she slowly threw her legs over the gate, looking down.

Sliding her butt forward on the gate she let go of the bars, jumping down. Landing on her feet harshly, she heaved a sigh of relief.

''There you go! Wasn't that difficult, was it?'' Chaeyoung only glared up at Jimin, dusting her hands.

Startled she looked to her right, Taehyung already landing swiftly on his feet right next to her. She watched him, dumbfounded.

How did he manage to climb over so quickly?

Not sparing Chaeyoung a glance, Taehyung walked ahead, Jimin scurrying right after him, chatting animatedly with a big smile.