Hunted

"I was in the middle, before I knew I had begun." - Jane Austen

" - Jane Austen

The girl hadn't slept a wink since last night

The girl hadn't slept a wink since last night. Stefan had done as she'd asked, and came straight to her house after he'd finished with Elena. He informed her, after she'd questioned his extra broodiness, that the human girl had broken up with him, because she didn't believe she was equipped to handle his vampirism.

"It's not gonna last," reassured him the young witch.

"She was very sure, Thea. Besides, it's not like I can expect to her accept a monster."

"Oh, get off your self-pity train, Stefan. The girl's perception of the world got flipped upside-down over night. Chill, yeah? She'll come back. Just give her time to get used to everything." She retorted, smacking him upside the head.

"Christ, you're such an Edward." She muttered as she walked past him to collect a knife, and a map.

Grunting, the vampire replied, "So how exactly are we going to locate Vicky? We don't have her blood, or Matt's or anything."

"That's traditional ancestral magic, what I do is different." Depositing the objects on the table, she added, "I told you, I just need to shed blood, and my magic will the do whatever I ask it to."

Drawing the knife over her palm, she squeezed her hand and allowed the blood to pool over the surface of the map, closing her eyes, and focusing on Vicky Donovan's face. She could see the girl in her mind's eye, she was walking towards a road leading out of the woods. "She's downtown," muttered the girl. Opening her eyes, Thea grabbed the map and made her way to the door, calling Stefan over, "C'mon, we gotta go. I don't have a good feeling abut this."

The boy grabbed her hand, and sped them to the given location. And right in the nick of time too, as Vicky had just begun attacking Tyler Lockwood.

"Ah! Let go of me!" She screams as Stefan pulls her off of the boy.

Thea was still attempting to recalibrate to walking on her own two feet, so she was a little slow to notice that a third person had joined their little search party, until his voice said, "You don't talk."