Isobel

"they slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

TW: this chapter contains explicit sexual content

TW: this chapter contains explicit sexual content. Beginning and end will be marked by ****.

Thea had woken up in her own bed, for once

Thea had woken up in her own bed, for once. She'd insisted on spending a night in her own house, alone. Needing some time to read and re-visit some of her grimoires and magical texts.

Currently, she was talking to Damon on the phone, explaining why she would be busy for most of the day.

"I'm supposed to help build the Miss Mystic float for the Founders' Day parade. If I don't I'll get the wrath of the blonde dictator, but I wanted to check in first. Plus, I kinda missed you so..."

"I missed you too, Angel. Felt weird waking up in my own bed alone, without the morning cuddle. I think you may have ruined solo-sleep for me." He replied, a smile apparent in his voice.

"I also wanted to ask about your brother, is he back to his normal victorian brooding self?"

"Oh, he's...he's terrible."

Growing concerned, she asked, "Why, what happened? I thought he was saved by true love's kiss or whatever?"

"He's just back to boring, straight-laced, off the junk. Elena has successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality."

Laughing, the girl added, "Don't forget who helped her."

"And I'll never forgive either of us for it."

"And for the record, it felt weird waking up alone too. Too warm. I missed having my own personal, anthropomorphised air-conditioner with me."

"Is that what I've been reduced to? An air-conditioner?"

"Yeah, what else did you think you were?"

"The love of your life, maybe? Your soulmate, the one who've been searching for all along?" He joked.

If only he knew how true all of those words were. Chuckling, the girl snarkily replied, "You keep dreaming big, my icy-eyed man, maybe it'll come true one day."