162 Candles

"the more you love, the more you suffer." - Vincent Van Gogh

" -  Vincent Van Gogh

The sun shining through her curtains woke her up

The sun shining through her curtains woke her up. Groaning, Thea rubbed her eyes, before opening them, finding herself in her own room. The girl smiled softly, as she raised herself into a seated position, she'd known Damon would get her home safely.

As she propped herself up, she felt something sliding down her shoulders. She hadn't realised until now that she'd had something soft draped over her. Picking it up, she held the material up to her nose, and inhaled, filling her nostrils with the scent of sandalwood, expensive cologne and a hint of something she didn't know.

Smiling, she draped the leather jacket over her bed as she stood up. She definitely wouldn't be giving this back to her icy-eyed vampire.

Having showered the previous night away, the girl made her way to her kitchen sometime later, intent on making herself some breakfast and a cup of coffee. As she began gathering the ingredients for an omelet, her doorbell rang.

She opened with a groan, "It's way too early for house-calls, whoever this is," only to find herself face-to-face with a pair of icy-blue eyes.

"Ace? What are you doing here?" She asked.

The man didn't answer, his eyes roaming over her figure, before he whistled softly between his teeth, "I hope you don't answer the door looking like that for everyone, Angel."

Thea looked down at her clothing, before meeting his eyes once more and biting her lip, "You're the one who showed up out of the blue." Turning around, she called out to him, "Come in then, I'm making omelettes and coffee."

She knew she was dressed scantily, in a pair of scarlet lace panties barely covered up by her father's old Oxford shirt. But it wasn't her fault Damon had decided to show up without letting her know. Besides, she was sure he'd seen it all before and then some, and she truly didn't believe her physique was all that impressive to begin with.

Opening her fridge, the girl leaned in, reaching for a bag stored at the back of the shelf. She could feel the shirt riding up her back, exposing her behind to his eyes, and once more, felt that connection between them crackling to life, enhanced by their attraction to one another.