19 - Jealousy

☻♡

☻♡

19 - Jealousy

It was six days after their explosive argument when Calum finally had the time to get back home at a decent time to speak with his beauty. He entered his front door nonchalantly, locking it behind him. He wasn't going to make it easy for Ashton.

He started walking throughout the downstairs rooms, trying to find the two he knew were somewhere in the mansion. It didn't take him long to hear the loud playing of a movie from the small theatre. He quietly entered the room, narrowing his eyes at a cuddling and movie watching Luke and Michael.

The two were in each other's arms like a pair of lovers while they watched some rom-com that Calum didn't give two shits about.

He switched the lights on, trying to ignore how Michael panically scooted out of Luke's arms.

He walked down to the front row of seats where the two were planted, resulting in Luke pausing the movie with the remote that was placed next to him.

"You can call it a night, Luke." He nodded at Luke dismissively, making the blonde nod in return.

Luke's least favorite part of the day was having to let Michael go. Watching over him wasn't a job to him. It was fun and enjoyable for him, obviously.

"Goodnight." Michael said softly for the blonde to hear, making Luke send a small smile his way before taking his leave to his own room upstairs.

"We need to talk."

"Talk then." Michael said briefly while he gathered his phone and blanket from the theatre seats, leaving the room and expecting the other to follow him if he really wanted to speak with him.

The brunette silently did, following him into their shared room and watching when Michael tucked himself into their bed.

"I see that you're not so upset at the fact Luke is your babysitter anymore."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Michael glared at him in disbelief, sitting up to look at the brunette while he changed out of his black suit.

"I mean that you two looked very cosy in the same blanket and in each other's arms."

"You're fucking joking me." Michael scoffed, "Jealousy like this doesn't look good on you."

"How else am I supposed to feel? Just a week ago he was on Ashton's side with the purpose of taking you away from me!"

"Luke is my friend and only my friend. You know that."

"That doesn't stop him from loving you. Being that close to him isn't going to benefit either of you. It will make him love you more, leaving him heartbroken when he finally realizes that you'll never be his."

"Why does it matter? Why are we even talking about this right now when there's an actual threat right in our city?"

"Our city, huh? Last time I checked, Michael, I'm the only one who does anything to keep the power and who keeps you protected in this mansion of mine. The city is mine, kitty. You don't own shit."

"So I'm a child who relies on you and isn't capable of doing anything or owning anything now? I'm some heartbreaker slut who can't be within five feet of a man or else I'll break them?" Michael asked in disbelief with how Calum was acting, "What the hell is going on with you?"

"What's going on is that you can be too inconsiderate of how hard I'm working for you. It's all for you. If you hadn't of teased Ashton when you met him at the bar then we wouldn't be in this mess." Calum explained when he got into bed on the other side of Michael.

But Michael wasn't going to take this. He wasn't some innocent baby who would let his lover treat him like this. He would always stand his ground and take care of himself.

So he quickly got out of bed and grabbed his phone and blanket once again before heading towards the bedroom's door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Calum asked confused and angered.

"If you think that I'm going to sleep next to you then you're fucking wrong, Calum! Once you get your big fucking head out of your ass then you can speak to me about all of this in a calm and professional manner that doesn't revolve around putting me down."

He gave Calum a harsh glare before slamming the door behind him. He rushed into a guest bedroom that was as far away from his shared room with Calum. It was conveniently across from Luke's room.

He slammed the guest bedroom's door as well, being completely enraged with how Calum was acting.

Who was he to speak so negatively about him?

He's never seen Calum like this before. He definitely didn't like it either.

Things were changing around him and Michael didn't know what to do anymore. He was so utterly confused.

He cared about Luke and he didn't—he couldn't—see him get hurt. But if he got closer to Luke then he would get hurt. Michael is Luke's fate and demise.

And even if Calum was an asshole, Michael still loved him. He was in love with the man and that would never change. Calum was his baby, his forever.

And then there was Ashton. Michael didn't know what to think about him, since the man and his motives confused the beauty so much. But he couldn't push back the intense curiosity the gangster gave him.

It was all confusing. The three were confusing.

All Michael could do in the moment was stare up at the ceiling, letting his mind ponder about his pain and his confusion even more than it usually did.

—•••—

Michael :(

What do you think of Calum's sudden attitude?? 😒 What a hoe.

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚