T H I R T Y- F I V E .

Karon Henderson .

Monday, 12:05 pm.

''You gon release me today?'' I asked the nurse as she put medicine into the IV.

''Fortunately yeah.'' she shrugged.

''you look like you would be friends wit my momma.'' I said and she chuckled.

''Maybe I am. this hospital full of whites I need some friends.'' she said.

''man I ah text her right now and tell her I can get her a friend.'' I said and she laughed shaking her head.

She walked out as Tiana came in.

''you good?'' I asked her and she sighed opening her purse.

She pulled out a plastic baggie with 4 pregnancy test.

''Damn why'd you need 4 ?'' I asked laughing.

''I thought God was tryna play with me.. and I thought maybe I was dreaming.'' she said.

''You want to keep it?'' she asked.

''Don't ask me no shit like that, already got names down, Amiyah for girl and  Karon junior, or KJ.'' I said and she smiled.

''Nobody really treated me like you did.. even though you kept playing with my feelings you eventually came around these last few weeks.'' she said and I nodded.

''I was just being dumb, but we in this together.''

''I don't know how ima tell my mother..'' she said.

''I mean she had you at this age too.'' I shrugged.

''I guess you right.'' she shook her head.

-

''India ass made me have to get four surgeries ?'' I asked Lani as she cooked.

''mhm.''

''Wowwww, and to think I actually liked bullying her.'' I said.

''She did that to your eye ?'' I asked

''Nah I did that myself.'' 

''Why you so quiet Lani?''

''I feel like it's my fault, I brung her round. Her mother gave me hella warnings but I chose to ignore them because I believe in second chances..'' she said sighing.

''Ain't shit yo fault.'' I said and got up to hug her.

''So what exactly happened.''

''Apparently she been talking to Kyllan's cousin, the boy who stopped me in the mall and he blackmailed her to y'know get you set up.'' she said.

''I want to kill that bitch, but Sean won't let me-

''You damn sure right.'' Sean said coming downstairs fixing his cap.

''Nigga you're always here.'' I laughed.

''This my house now, Lani just do the house cleaning.'' he said dapping me up.

''Yeah ight..'' she mumbled.

''watchu cooking bro .'' I limped towards her

''shrimp alfredo sounded good so I got my ass up.'' she said and I dug a finger into the pot running away.

''Bitch!'' she yelled as I ran outside.

''fuck.'' I laughed, ''it's ight chef Lani.'' I said

-