F O U R T Y

Omniscient

Kalani lay peacefully asleep tossing and turning when she needed too.

It was 1:00 am and Kalani had done a lot that day, so she even had been snoring.

The sound of floorboards creaking caused her to shift around, She heard more creaks making her more alert and she opened her eyes staring at the ceiling.

Her house wasn't old or anything and she didn't have a pet to move around at night to have the floors make them noises, she was suspicious.

A loud noise woke her up, she sat up rubbing her eyes adjusting them to the dark, it sounded like glass being broken, she got out bed quickly.

She grabbed a taser and walked into the hallway quietly feeling a breeze of wind, she looked down the steps and seen the part of the door.

It had been opened, her heart dropped and she backed away into the room to grab her phone.

As quiet as possible she dialed 911 and crept on the stairs to peak if anyone was in her house.

She saw muddy footprints on her carpet, big footprints, mens footprints.

The 911 operator finally answered and forgetting her phone was on speaker, her eyes widened and she ran up the stairs, hearing footsteps following.

She hid in the bathroom, behind the shower curtain.

A few tears dropping she realized she had dropped her taser, she looked around for weapons and seen a razor.

As the shadow neared the bathroom she prepared herself.

The curtain was ripped back and without thinking she cut the guy making him scream.

"shit!" he yelled.

She hopped out the shower pushing him inside and turned on the water to scorching hot.

He screamed more as she backed away, backing into something else strong.

She heard the click of a gun and felt strong arms put her a in a chokehold.

"Nice try princess." the deep voice said.

She struggled to get out of his grip.

"Let me go ! please" she cried.

She saw the man she'd burned with hot water come out the bathroom breathing heavily.

"bro I hope you got a first aid kit, the bitch cut my fuckin skin." he said into some kind of walkie talkie but a newer one.

The voice on the other end chuckled. "Be careful Lucky, don't kill her." they said.

It was a female voice, a familiar one.

"Let me just have fun with her." he said in a seductive voice tracing Kalani's bra line.

"no! I didn't ask you to lay a hand on her, I asked you to break in leave a note and leave." the voice said.

Still being in a chokehold Kalani was losing consciousness and her breaths became shorter.