01

KATHERINE TURNER WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE GIRL OF EVERYONE'S DREAMS.

But not for the reason you're thinking.

Katherine Turner was quite the beautiful young girl. She had dark chocolatey-chestnut brown hair and green-blue-grey eyes with dark rings around the iris. She had pink rounded bow-shaped lips and had pearly white teeth.

Katherine Turner was academically gifted in maths and literature and was learned in the arts. She practiced piano, the violin, and the flute. She could sing and her voice could calm just about anyone. Katherine's favorite hobby was painting and she was always painting boards and stages for the community.

Katherine Turner was an intelligent and beautiful young girl. Katherine Turner was talented in many ways. Katherine Turner didn't catch the boys' attention because of her character or talents.

Katherine Turner caught the boys' attention because she had money - well, her parents had money. Her mother came from a rich family in England. Then, once she married another wealthy man from Prince Edward Island, she moved there. Unfortunately, when Katherine was nine years old, her father had passed a horrible death, leaving the mother a widow and the daughter fatherless. That was until Katherine's grandfather set her mother up with another man a year later.

Katherine Turner's name used to be Katherine Prewett before the man, John Turner, married Emma Prewett. Katherine still liked her surname to be Prewett rather than Turner, but as a child, she had no say. And her silence was what made their family a respectable one for whatever actions she made, it would reflect on her whole family.

Katherine Turner hated her stepfather. John Turner was strict, insensitive, stubborn, and prideful. It is okay to have pride in one's work and accomplishments, but there is such thing as too much pride to the point where pride becomes egotistic and narcissistic.

Katherine Turner tolerated her mother. Emma Turner (maiden name Smith) was strict, stern, and disapproved of anything that improper of a woman. Emma Turner was also kind, loving, and wanted to do what was best for her only daughter. And Emma Turner did not love her husband at all.

The Turners had come back from England to Prince Edward Island. It was a bright sunny day. The skies were clear and there was a nice breeze that anyone would feel relieved in. Katherine Turner was fond of the ocean, finding it peaceful to listen to.

The boat turned into the harbor and soon enough, they were in Charlottetown boarding the train to Avonlea. Katherine had noticed the stares from others as they traveled. The Turners were quite famous in the business industry. They were wealthy, admirable, and respected. They would get smiles, some men greeted John, and many people whispered.

At the end of the day, with the sun dipping beneath the horizon, the Turners arrived in Avonlea. It was sort of a small town, a place where almost everyone knew each other. At least, everyone knew what they put forward - they knew what they saw and what the people wanted them to see. They didn't know what forbidden things could have been happening inside the walls.

In a carriage, they arrived at their large house. It was painted a yellow shade with white trims, railings, and columns. The house had a veranda and a small gazebo. It was a fairly large house, but not as large as the Barry's, who lived nearest them.

Once they arrived at their house, Katherine couldn't wait to get inside and rest. She traveled through the foyer, the living room then went upstairs. Her room had one of the walls looking like a bay/bow window that had a view of the lawn at the front.

Katherine set her suitcase onto her bed and opened it. She unpacked her clothes, hanging her dresses into her closet, and putting her undergarments in her dresser.