Confusing Bliss

Though I know he must be driving right now, I was still looking at the status of the text. As expected it got delivered, but unseen.

"ZhanZhan, something wrong with you?" A-Qing's voice brought me back to the world of realisation where uncertainty is the basic principle of living here.

As I turned around while pocketing my phone, I found a server passing us. I gestured to her, and she reached out for us. "How can I help you Sir, Madam?" She asked politely, and I pointed at the wine glass she was carrying on her tray.

"ZhanZhan, I never saw you drinking! Are you alright?" She asked, and I shrugged while tilting the glass towards her before swirling the liquid inside it, conveying 'It's just some wine' through this act of mine.

"Yea, I know it's just a wine. But.. don't get drunk okay. I don't know your tolerance level." She showed her concern and I smiled before taking a sip of it. Draining the glass slowly, my sour mood started craving for some burn. And I found myself walking towards the bar counter which was placed at the corner of the ballroom.

As I stared at the people dancing in the dim light and on soft music, I lost count of my drinks. I wasn't planning on drinking here. I even promised Uncle Jiang. But, why was he with her? Who is she?

"ZhanZhan, oh god. Stop drinking. I just went to the washroom and.. give me your phone. I will call Jiang Cheng." A-Qing's voice rang near my ear, and I hissed at her.

"SHUUUUUhhh" I kept my finger on my lips asking her to keep quiet. I am not drunk. How can someone be drunk just with a few drinks?

"ZhanZhan," despite my gesture she spoke again. aish! Stubborn she.

"I will text him myself" I informed and went for another glass of.. what is it this time? Wine? Whisky? Vodka? Beer? I want Martini. And later...

"Zhan!" she yelled again. And I creased my brows in distaste before fishing out my phone to text Jiang Cheng. Why is she being PITA like Jiang Cheng? I won't die, right? It's just a few drinks.

Wait, why is the screen blurred? Am I becoming blind? I remember wearing contacts in the morning though.

As I unlocked my device, I saw the chat box.

Me
Assohele ChngCheng, pikc m up. (Asshole ChengCheng pick me up).

Attached location.

Send.

I tilted my head to look at her as in, 'Done. Happy?' and she shook her head. "I will wait till he arrives." She said, taking up the seat next to me.

One hour passed

Two hours passed

It was almost three hours to pass when she turned around, "ZhanZhan, I will book a cab for you and drop you home first." She said. And I shook my head, gesturing her, "ChengCheng will come to pick me up."

Why is he still not coming?

With a pout of betrayal I turned around to look at some people who were still yet to leave. I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket and I smiled with a huff that finally he is here. Such an asshole!

When I finally fished out my phone, it was A-Qing who snatched it from me. Reading the name on the screen silently before receiving the call.