Prologue

'You are far away from me. Yet, your presence is always near my soul. I may not be able to see you but watching this moon shining brightly in the dark sky, reminds me of you. Your innocent face.'

Turning around, I slump my back onto the railing of my balcony. My heart aches every time I see the full moon. It was the first and the last night I had with my loved one. Although I hate watching the shinning moon, I still end up waiting eagerly for this night. It’s the only thing which was able to keep my sanity after losing him for the past three years.

This moon reminds me of him. His cheerful smile. His innocent eyes. He affects me so much that I can clearly see his full reflection even in the broken piece of mirror.

His every memory impulses me towards the brink of bottomless cliff.

Why did he leave me?

Somewhere on the other side of the world

'You cannot listen to my heart beats, but I can sense your breathes.
You’re so far. Yet, so close to my heart that every single time I see this moon shinning brightly, it takes me right back to the memories I ever wanted to forget.' 

I hate this full moon night as it bring back the feelings I tried so hard to forget.

How can I complain my fate behind my unrequited love, when I am still cherishing your presence inside my soul?

Sitting on the windowsill of my room, I was gazing at the moon while letting my mind wonder into the dreamland memories of my love.

“Are you done with your packing?” the hand holding a beer-can pops in front of my face, snapping me out of my stupor.

Nodding at her, I took the offered can before making a place for her to accompany me on the sill.

“Nervous?” she asks, and I hesitantly answered with a nod.

It’s been three years! I will be stepping in his city after staying away from it for the fucking three years. How can I not be nervous?

“Don’t worry, I am with you. Together we will able to tackle the situation if something happens to slip out of hand before returning back.”  She assured me pressing her hand on mine.

“Trust me, I will be okay.” I gesture her with my sign language.

“Yes, finally someone seems to grew up. Finish your work and sleep early. I have some work to take care of before departure. Rest well, I will be back.”

Hope we won’t cross our path again. Some path in life have to be crossed alone. And crossing them without you, I have paced at the distance where I don’t feel like returning again.

 And crossing them without you, I have paced at the distance where I don’t feel like returning again

On the shore of ‘life’ all good relations are like waves, they come and go.
But, they touch in such a way that a feeling of closeness remains forever.

Hope their relation will touch your soul through this story.

June 27, 2020