Tasting the actuality I

When Xiao Zhan was standing in the living room alone, the butler Zhou came down. "Mister, why don't you have something first? The breakfast kept for you in the room went cold. Should I serve you from the one they were having?" he asked kindly. He doesn't want his master's guest to leave this place with an empty stomach.

Xiao Zhan nodded mindlessly. He turned around to find a person whom he had once promised to talk. He wanted to see Mrs. Wang again. He wanted to apologize for not keeping his word. However, before he could go in the other direction in search of Mrs Wang, the butler spoke again, "Please don't mind Alice madam. Ever since she became pregnant with their second child, her temper is getting worse. Our master has to always sacrifice himself to mend their relationship." He said ambling towards the dining table which was now abandoned by the family. "Today is our ShenShen's birthday. So, after this visit to hospital, master will be busy with the preparations. Shenshen always want his birthday to be grand." The butler kept on talking about their family matter as he knows ShenShen's injuries may not be grave. He fell many times and every time he falls and cries they rush to the doctor first without giving it a thought. For them, even the reddening of the knee is a grave injury. They really do love this child.

Xiao Zhan just hummed while taking the place where Wang Yibo sat before. He ascetically served himself a wonton soup he used to love before moving out of China. That's their family matter. Whether Wang Yibo wants to celebrate his child's seventh birthday in a majestic way, he can absolutely do so. Did Xiao Zhan not celebrate his daughter's 6th birthday a few months back? Yet, the nostalgia of Wang Yibo celebrating his child's birthday still makes it unbearable to hear. A nightstand with Wang Yibo after seven years changed the whole of his life in a single moment.

"Uncle Zhou, who are you talking with?" the lady from the kitchen stepped out after listening to the butler talking about their child to someone. For a moment she thought her husband and Wang Yibo were back.

"Ah, madam did not go?" he asked looking at her uncaring figure. With a wave of her hand, she replied, "He just got scratches. These two people are too much. Wang Yibo has been spoiling A-Shen way too much. They will be back soon."

After saying so, she just took her previous place. And Xiao Zhan nodded at her in greetings. Watching him sitting in Wang Yibo's place, the lady was slightly taken back. "You are..." her words trailed on Xiao Zhan's figure.

The butler was quite fast to reply, "Ah, madam, he is Master's guest." He said before reaching out to serve the lady at the dining table. "I never saw Wang Yibo bringing someone home. Aye, Uncle Zhou, is he the first person?!" she asked and at a moment Xiao Zhan found himself lost. What were they talking about?!

Taking an empty seat at the other end of the table, butler Zhou hummed in response. "He just came to meet Master. Since master went out, I asked him to have something first before waiting." Butler Zhou replied as he recalled his master asking him to not let others know about the man upstairs.

"Hmm.." the lady hummed and after a while was about to ask again when butler Zhou decided to pull the string together and divert the topic of conversation. "Puppy that you brought the other day is refusing to eat nowadays. Yesterday, when Master was having breakfast Master asked me to talk to you about this. But you were busy the entire day. Only returned today." He said, and the lady hummed along. "I couldn't receive your call. I called Yibo when I couldn't call you back. But his phone went unreachable. I thought after visiting the cemetery he would come to pick ShenShen. Yet, he just went missing." The lady served a bowl of soup and passed it to the butler Zhou. When they are the only people in the house, the lady doesn't follow the ethics of servant and master. She simply asks the person who manages everything in this house to sit and eat with her. For her, it's actually boring and too lonely just to sit alone at the 12-seat dining table and eat alone. When you get company, you don't realize how time passes without your knowledge. You can talk about daily life or something that casually crosses your mind at that moment.