Training

Chapter 3

~Eren POV~

It has been a couple years since the incident, even though it's only been 2 years. I'm now 15 along with Mikasa and Armin. We're old enough to join the cadet course. Armin tried to talk me out of it a lot of times, but as you can imagine, it never worked.

We were standing by the training course and our trainer was saying," Hello everyone! I'm Keith Sadies! And I will be your instructor for the next 3 years. Training will be hard and brutal so choose now, whether to stay or leave. But if you choose to stay, be aware that some of you might run away or even die." 

Die! What the hell are we going to do that's going to kill us! 

I looked over at Armin, he was shivering. 

He's probably scared, but then again, it is Armin.

Then I looked at Mikasa. She still had that normal expression. 

Is Mikasa not scared? Is she not worried? What goes through this women's head?

Our trainer then continued," By the way, I want you all to call me Sir, is that clear!" We all said," Yes Sir!" at the same time. The next day we were suppose to start actual training.

We were having supper and I was sitting next to Armin and across from Mikasa. It was the end of the table. I asked Mikasa," Hey Mikasa, are you sure you want to join the cadets? You too Armin?" I looked at them both. Mikasa nodded her head with certainty but Armin didn't look that sure.

*The following year*

We've met many friends here in Cadet Course 104. So far, we've met Ymir, Krista, Reiner, Bertolt, Sasha, Connie, Annie and Jean. I'm not that big of a fan of Jean. It seams like he always wants to be near Mikasa. It's like he never leaves her alone. 

It was another day of training and we were sparing. It was Annie and Connie, Bertolt and Reiner, Sasha and Krista, Ymir and Armin, Jean and Minna and finally me and Mikasa. Mikasa didn't go easy on me, she kept shoving me on the ground and holding me there. 

Every time I asked her to let go, luckily she did. When she threw me down for the 4th time, I exclaimed," Mikasa! You don't have to shove me down all the time! We're sparing after all, not trying to kill each other!" 

I was breathing hard because I was tired. Mikasa came to me and helped me up," Eren, I'm trying to make you stronger. I want you to try to get me down. Use one of the techniques I just used on you. See if you can pin me down."

I sighed and nodded. Then I ran at her and hooked my arms around her neck trying to get her down but it didn't work. 

Am I not strong enough?  

I wondered as I just hung from Mikasa's neck. She put her hand on my right shoulder and said," Good try, Eren. Let me show you the move again." I let her go and tried to defend myself against her again. 

She ran at me and hooked her arms around my neck. She then pulled me over her head and I landed flat on my back," "I don't think I'm going to live through this." I said as I slowly got up. Mikasa walked to me and asked," Are you okay? Maybe I went to hard that time? S-Sorry!"

I nodded and said," I want to try. I've seen you do that before many times when we were kids." She nodded and got into position. I said," Ready!?" 

She nodded and I ran at her. I grabbed her neck and used all my strength to pull her over my head. I did it but ended up falling with her. I tried to get up and grabbed my head," Didn't expect that to happen." 

Mikasa helped me up and said," That was good. Well done. That time you actually managed to flip me over. Except you landed right along with me." As she said that last sentence, she laughed. I said," Okay okay, I get it. Can we practice it more?" She nodded and we continued to practice.

<Armin POV>

I was sparing with Ymir. It seemed like she didn't want to approach me so I ran at her. I lunged at her and tried to pull her down. Didn't work and I got thrown. I tried a couple more times and failed every time," Armin, do you want me to teach you the trick I use to get you off me?" I nodded. 

Eren must be having a better time than me. I mean he's sparing with Mikasa. But then again, she's probably going to hurt him by accident.

I looked at Ymir, who said," Come at me." I ran at her and she showed me how she was forcing me back. I tried it and didn't succeed. Eventually she flew me back to hard and I landed on someone. I looked underneath me and saw Eren. 

"I don't want to know how you got here." He said as he tried to get up," Come on Eren, get up and try again." Mikasa said as she walked towards us," I got thrown by Ymir." Eren nodded as if to say same. We both got up and were hurting badly. At the end of the day, our backs were so sore and aching.

*Mikasa POV*

I was teaching Eren the trick I use. When he had to try it, and he succeeded in flipping me over, I have to be honest, it hurt a little and I was glad. It meant that Eren was getting stronger though I think I might've made him mad. 

Training had finished and we were having free time. As soon as Keith said so, Jean immediately came over to me. As soon as Eren saw that Jean was by me, he came quickly too. Eren said," Jean, don't you think Mikasa needs a break from you? You've been by her side the entire time. Nobody can get alone time with her cause you're always there." 

Jean got angry and said," So, you got a problem with that!?" Eren answered," Yeah, I actually do! There are some of us that want to spend time with her but can't cause you're here!"

Jean said," There's no problem with me being here!" Eren angrily shouted," Yes there is! I've seen you look at other people when you're talking to Mikasa. And whenever someone tries to walk up to you guys, you 'suggest' that you guys go stand somewhere else!" 

Are they really fighting over me? It can't be? It must be something I don't know about?

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice that they started fighting. Everyone was gathered around us saying things like," Whose going to win?" or," Whose going to get Mikasa's affection or love" or," Who do you bet on? I bet on Jean. He's going to wipe the floor with Eren. Scrawny little wimp."

Those two were at each other's throats so quick. I jumped in front of them and said, "Guys, there's no need to fight. We can solve this out." I heard what everyone else was saying. Things like," BOO!!!" and," SOMEONE GET MIKASA OUT OF HERE!!" or," YOU'RE RUINING THE FIGHT!!" 

That's when Jean shouted," Say one more thing and I will come at you all!" Then Eren said," Come at us, we'll kill you all right here, right now if you say anything else about Mikasa! You have no clue what she's been through!"

I blushed. It's sweet of Eren to come to my defense even though I'm stronger than him.