042| Undecided

She stared at him and said nothing. He merely stood there, awkwardly. He really wasn't sure if she was going to let him in and talk like adults, or just freeze in place all day.

Remus was holding a paper in his hand, the letter Y/n wrote, and she noticed that. Her heart started beating fast as her cheeks turned red. She couldn't believe that she was stupid enough to have left that letter in the library.

"So can i come in?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. 

Y/n hesitated, but then she moved away from the door, allowing him in.

Remus looked around as he stepped in, taking a deep breath. He saw the scrapbook he gave her on her bed, although their framed pictures weren't on her nightstand anymore, replaced by a photo of her and Regulus on the London Eye eating cotton candy.

When Y/n finally realized what he was looking at, she scurried to her bed and placed the scrapbook in her drawer. They locked eyes again for a minute, but Remus couldn't read her expressions.

"Found your letter," he held it up. "Really sweet, thanks."

Y/n huffed as she sat on her bed. Slowly, Remus approached her. He walked closer, and closer until his knee touched the bed. Remus looked at her, searching for approval in her eyes. When Y/n gave the briefest nod, Remus sat beside her.

"Can i hug you?" she asked. Y/n had missed him so much. Their friendship before it all went to chaos. She missed her friends too, when everything was alright when they were partying and staying up all night as if there was no tomorrow.

"Yeah," he said in a whisper. 

He scooted closer towards her, and slowly wrapped an arm around her.

Y/n inhaled a sharp breath as she snuggled into his chest. She'd missed this, missed him, everything about him. It felt like she was back home again, holding him in her arms.

"What do you want, Y/n?" he asked. "Who do you want?"

"To be completely honest with you, Rem," his first year nickname fell out of her mouth unintentionally, "I don't know."

Remus found himself looking at that picture of Y/n and Regulus, and couldn't help but ask  "You're not with Regulus?"

"He's been acting weird," she replied.

"Weird how?"

Y/n wasn't sure if she should go on and tell people, whoever it was, about Regulus' problems. "I don't know if i should tell you," she said. She wanted to protect Regulus.

"That's fine," Remus nodded. "I want to say this, even if we're not meant to be, i'm still your best mate, and i'll always love you."

"Yeah," Y/n smiled. "Thank you, Moony."

"Can i call you that?" she asked – and Remus just laughed "Yeah. Sorry, about everything, it was all just a misunderstanding, i was just – insecure. I mean, he's got everything i haven't."

"You're great, Moony, really, you don't need to compare yourself to him like that. I think you're both great in your own ways."

"I really missed you, Y/n. You and your lectures."