Capítulo Tres.

~The sinful Wade Poezyn as Nathaniel Dragomore

~

The Ruthless Mafia: Capítulo Tres

[September 25th, 2014]

"You can't be fucking serious!" A voice yelled in my ear as we were leaving our university to head to my apartment. I decided to suck it up and go to my lectures because I had no choice but to, and my babysitter was already on the way. "Keep it down, Maddy!" I shushed my black-haired friend, staring back into her seafoam eyes. "You will attract unneeded attention." I glared at her, wanting her to find some chill.

What was with people acting bent out of shape when I tried to calmly relay news like this? It was not helping me at all because I still had to go back and deal with it all. My father was of no help because he was throwing all of his time and energy into the military base, just so he didn't have to think about the pain he was trying to hide.

"Sorry," She pouted, looking down at the ground with a crestfallen expression and I sighed, wrapping my arm around her. She wasn't immune to pain, and she could probably sense how terrible I was feeling.

Madelina 'Maddy' Leblanc was my second best friend ever since the sixth grade. When she transferred into Derek and I's class from Europe, we just happened to hit it off instantly, and ever since that, we all had been inseparable. The only thing stopping us from moving in together was the sheer amount of disaster that apartment would see. We did everything together, sleepovers to mall outings to snooping on dates. While Derek was my right hand, she was my left and I considered her to be my one and only sister. That was precisely why I could imagine that she was having such a hard time trying to process that my mother was gone.

The original Xiomara McKenna had only one child, me, so when I brought Maddy home for a visit as a kid, she took to her immediately. It also helped Maddy because she didn't have a mother in her life, so my mom helped her to grow into this woman that she is now. 

"How are you feeling?" Maddy asked with despair in her tone as we crossed the street to enter the lobby of the apartment building in which I lived in. "I-I don't know," I confessed lowly as we sauntered to the elevator. I definitely knew because how could one not know how to feel when their rock has died? I really had no clue how I felt, like I knew I was devastated, but there was so much more that I was feeling. 

All of this pain was just fueling my fury and my gut feeling. It hurt so much because she was the one who gave me the courage to leave.

Once upon a time not long ago, one could say that I thought I fell in love with the man of my dreams. He was twenty-one and I seventeen going on eighteen. He wasn't that much older, so I decided to give it a shot after he swept me from beneath my feet. Just like in romantic comedies that my friends and I grew up watching, he was perfect with just the right amount of charm.

But that was just it.

Just a cold mask that was hiding who he truly was.

[May 3rd, 2012]

"Honey, you need to leave him," I grumbled into the phone, checking around me every second to make sure that the body across from me wasn't awakening anytime soon. "I know you love him and all but what he is doing to you isn't love." My mother sighed into the phone and I bit my lip, knowing that I didn't tell her the full extent of what he had done to me. I wanted to tell her that he had abused me so hard, I had a dent in my hip, or that there had been numerous times that I was laying in a pool of my own blood. I wanted to tell her that I tried so many times and by suggesting it, I was punched so hard in my throat, a scar remained. I wanted to tell her that the final time that I tried to leave, he cut me from the neck down to my heart. It was simply a miracle that I was alive.