Capítulo Dieciocho.

Minka Kelly as Zicara Kiloway

~

The Ruthless Mafia: Capítulo Dieciocho.

What?

What in the hell?

This beautiful lady was Ramone Vega's lover?

"Um, are you sure you're right about that Demi?" I asked, not wanting to believe it and he nodded. "Yeah. This isn't the first time she's been here. She and Boss know each other from a long time ago, even before Ramiro was killed. Now, I don't know all the details but I'm pretty sure that she's his girlfriend." He sighed and I felt my heart drop and shatter to pieces inside of me.

"She's really pretty..." I drifted off, wanting to sit down and comprehend what I just learned. "Yeah she is, but she's a bitch." He stated and I shook my head at him. "Why do you say that?" I questioned and he leaned on his arm. "I don't know why I'm telling you this, but her father married my mother just so he could 'protect' us." He rolled his eyes. "He just wanted the money my dad left behind when he suddenly vanished one day. Didn't tell us where he was going or why he was leaving but just left us a big amount of money." He grumbled lowly in his chest.

"He didn't tell us why he needed the money or what he was doing with it, but I had known that the money was a scam all along. I had thought he wanted the best for us but in reality, I think he might've been working for or against my father." He stated, not knowing whether of the options were true.

"Whose your father?" I wanted to know, because his accent reminded me of someone I knew. "Well, he went by Konstantinos Kanzaki when he lived us, but I have a feeling that wasn't his real name." He sighed. "What was it?" He put his face in his hands and spoke. "I knew that he was Italian from the way he spoke and the way he looked, but it took me forever to put it all together." He looked at me, a look of pure rage on his face.

"He's no one other than the Italian mafia boss, Antonio Causi."

My eyes widened. "The man whose in charge of the Italian mafia, A-Antonio Causi?!" I stuttered, not wanting to screech in shock. "Yeah, why do you look so shocked?" He tilted his head. "I knew your accent sounded familiar. I had a friend in high school who was his son," I looked him in the eyes. "Your half-brother, it seems." 

He shrugged. "I don't care for any of them because I want nothing to do with either of them. I'm only staying loyal to Ramone, because he has done so much for me." He closed his eyes. "I'm just trying to figure out why Zicara is here. Normally, she'll come when he calls her but I've been monitoring his calls. She has not once appeared on his call list ever since you came here." He bit his lip.

"So why is she here?" I asked myself.

"That's what I want to know too."

His words had me thinking. Whose is this woman and why was she here when she wasn't needed? Could Ramone truly love her and trust her? After all, this man blindly insisted he was straight but he still did the things he did with me that made me question everything. Did he have some feelings for me? I hadn't put the thought out of my mind, but I knew it was stupid to believe in that kind of thing.

"Does Ramone trust her?" I said, his words running through my mind. I don't trust people like that; I only trust certain people to be near me. "No. That's what confuses me. If she's his girlfriend and he loves her a lot like he says he does, why wouldn't he be more trusting?" Demetrios leaned back against the wall.

"Something isn't right here and I'm going to get down to the bottom of it." I nodded in agreement with him. "I want to help you." If Ramone isn't trusty of her, then I'm not going to be. I got an off vibe from her, and that let me know she was up to something. She very well could be his girlfriend and he just has a problem with trusting her, but if he trusts me more than he trusts his own girlfriend, that's a problem.