Epilogue.

"Everyone has their own happy endings. Some good, some bad but in a way, they live with it."

~

The Ruthless Mafia: Epilogue

"Yeah, dad. I gotta go back to work. I was only on break for an hour." I winked at my father who rolled his eyes. "I'll take Xiomara with me then, you idiot." I gave him a salute like a soldier and made my way out the door and headed to my car, starting it up and pulling out of the driveway.

Colonel David James McKenna had his ups and his downs in his life. We all thought that he would fall to depression when my mother died and he did for a little bit. He thought I was kidnapped by the mafia because detective Derek Morgan had told him of my plan to go after Ramone after the fact. He was mad and sad and pissed and he fell even further.

But all of that changed when I showed up on his doorstep three months ago with Xiomara by my side. He was happy, ecstatic even. That was the day that changed his life and now, he's on his way up the rank in the army to becoming a Brigadier General.

I was so proud of him. He was still sad about my mother's death but he vowed to live on in her memory. He wanted to do right by her and he wanted to continue his life because that's what she would've wanted. She wanted all of us to succeed and we did. Now, I graduated from university and I was now a nurse at the hospital where I worked before. Maddy became a teacher at a middle school and she's loving it so far. She's dating Ramone's old assistant, Michelle Taylor. Derek was now the CEO of his father's company and he was doing big things.

I had enrolled Xiomara into school and life was doing good. Raymundo continued to work as the second mafia head and Nicola was by his side. As for Demetrios, he's a mysterious enigma.

Three months ago when we were being tied up by Taron Kiloway and we thought we were going to die once he turned the gun on us, Demetrios busted in with a rifle and shot all of his men, including Taron. He had freed us from the handcuffs but I didn't want to leave Ramone's body. He tried to get me to get up but all I could was cry.

Finally, he whispered to me a few words that confused me like no other.

"It's not what you think but it's exactly what you think."

I had no idea what he meant by that but after that whole incident, I had moved back into my house with my father and Xiomara and I haven't heard from any of them since. Nikari and India still keep in touch with me and my friends. My friends and I are still going strong to this day and we still think about all those times.

My heart hasn't healed at all. I still think about Ramone and all the memories we had. He was my everything, my lover, my sun, the one I really needed. He made me feel loved even after Nathaniel Dragomore did me dirty. I honestly had saw a life together with Ramone but now that he's dead, I won't be able to fulfill that fantasy. I doubt I'll find someone to love me like he did because there's no one in this world that I would want other than Ramone Vega.

I still cry when I remember seeing that bullet go through his head. Now, I know how Taron felt when we killed Antonio but that was for a reason. There's a pain in me because Ramone is still there in my heart. Xiomara always wondered where her daddy went and I can't find it in me to tell her that he crossed over.

He's still there in my heart...

I realized that I had made my way to my destination. I had parked my car in the parking deck of the hospital and wiped my eyes free of tears and sniffled. "Ramone..." I whispered as I stared at the steering wheel. "If you were still alive, where would we be?" I looked down and my heart lurched deep in my chest. It was hard for me to breathe now because all I could feel was the tightness of my chest.