Capίtulo Siete.

Amber Heard as Michelle Taylor

~

The Ruthless Mafia: Capίtulo Siete

At first, I thought they would've put up more of a fight. You know, say all the things to get me to not devise a plan just to confront Ramone Vega.

'You know your mother wouldn't want this.'

'You are so much better than this, pendejo.'

'How do you think your father is gonna feel once he finds out about this?

'Think about your daughter. She won't have anyone if you do this.'

'You shouldn't do this.'

'No.'

'What are you thinking, going after someone so incredibly dangerous?'

But they didn't. 

They were both by my side as former detective Derek Morgan opened the case box that he held onto for all these years, pulling out all of the old evidence. Since the case died when he was fired, he was allowed to keep the files because it wasn't like they would have a change of heart and pursue Ramone Vega.

The shadow that engulfed New York in darkness.

We all looked at the manila folder that Morgan had tossed out, seeing an x-ray picture of a foot from a crime scene. "So this foot here," Morgan said to us, looking into our eyes as he moved down the line to his whiteboard. "Is a size 13. Even if we've never met Ramone, the department knows that he is a size 13. However, this could be anyone's foot," He shrugged and I furrowed my brow, trying to piece things together.

"Where did you find this footprint?" I questioned and he sighed, holding up his fingers. "When we went back in 2014 and did sweeps of the scene, we found this print, along with some other things," He shrugged as he watched me narrow my eyes. "These were things that we found after our initial sweep: this footprint, and a camera that was hidden in the photo frame on your mother's desk," He opened a bag and pulled out what appeared to be pictures. 

"I opened it on my computer and I have many disturbing things to point out," Morgan began and we all listened earnestly. "Oddly, it looks as if it's been on ever since the day she was killed, but it doesn't show any of that footage of her being killed. It was right in front of the spot where she was murdered but we don't see any of that ever happening. Secondly, a few minutes after she was killed, the killer looks at the camera and smiles." He stated and I had to contain my shock at all this information he found.

This was interesting, to say the least. 

"Did the person look anything like Ramone Vega?" I whispered and froze when Derek fidgeted next to me, staring curiously. "Yeah, that's the thing."

"Huh?"

"If you're a badass mafia leader, so feared in the world like Ramone Vega, why would you want your face to be a camera when you know someone will find it eventually?" He answered the question that I was thinking of in my head. "That's asking for death." He explained. Vega may be bold enough, but he still couldn't risk anything as it was illogical. 

I scratched my head and leaned on one foot then switched to the other. I was nervous inside because I didn't want to be targeting the wrong person, but something in me told me that it was Ramone. He seems like the kind of person who would kill someone and write a note.

"I also find something weird. Three years ago, we found all these clues when originally, we found nothing. Then miraculously, all these leads started popping up, leading us to think that the killer is Ramone Vega. But it's weird. Ramone Vega doesn't seem like the kind of person to go back to a crime scene just to plant more clues." Morgan muttered from in front of me as he sat in thought.