34. An Ancient Bond

Even though everyone had jobs we all decided to stay at the same place. We were used to each other. And it would be weird for them to leave after becoming so close. Like family.

I wore the first black dress that I could see when I opened my closet and stepped out without bothering to put on any make-up or make myself look prettier. Who would on such an occasion?

At a distance, I saw him standing there waiting for me. I walked faster than I normally do. But then how can I be calm at moments like these?

It was not an excuse.

He reached for me and pulled me closer. My body against his. Not in a sexual way. A comforting hug. Maybe he developed something called manners in all these years together. But then again fuck the rules and manners that are supposed to hold you down. Those things aren't meant followed or to be upheld anyway.

"Are you fine? Do you want to go back?"
He still worries about me after all these years. It was natural for him to worry. I was his lover after all. Even if he was a curse. A terrifying curse whose name would haunt people even after hundreds of thousands of years. He nevertheless still had compassion for his Queen, me, his Y/n.

"I'm fine. Thank you for being here even though you hate doing this. . . all just for me Sukuna." I close my eyes and gently push him away from me. My eyes trace the hard cold stone on the graves in front of me.

"It's been a while you all."
I pull my dress and squat down, not all the way but enough to touch the marble. I wipe off the dust. I notice another pair of withered flowers. Not too old. It must have been Yuji. He left us to go travel the world after their deaths. We would hear from him sometimes when he felt like sending letters or met someone from the new Jujutsu school because we all helped it run even after their deaths.

"Here."
He hands me a bouquet. All of their favourite flowers combined into a single bouquet. Even though he hates flowers. I chuckled.

"It was a long journey. Do you think someone will make us a grave as we did for them?"
I feel my voice disappear as if it was stolen from me as I laid the bouquet at the centre of the graves made next to each other covered by a thick layer of marble which is enough to stop anything harmful to seep in.

I look at the old, wrinkled up bodies of people who I considered to be family, spend the last few decades with, laughed and cried with, lying there motionless. Painfully still. They all lived the way they wanted to right until the end. Megumi had made the Jujutsu world a lot better than it used to be with the help of Gojo. Megumi helped his sister live a normal life, she became a normal school teacher and got married. Gojo and he were too busy with their dreams to fall in love with anyone right until the end. But they were proud of what they had accomplished. Nobara got in touch with her lover soon after and got married. They even adopted kids. They all wished to be left out of the books so I made sure no one could use their names and tarnish what they worked so hard to build over the years.

"Y/n. I cannot promise you that. We are curses Y/n. We will exist till the end of time."
Curses won't stop existing. As long as humans exist. As long as love exists. As long as hatred exists.

He gets down on one knee and wraps his oversized coat on my back.

"So once again. Let me ask you."
He then wipes the tears rolling down my cheeks that I didn't even notice. A heartache that came back. After all these years.

"Will you follow me to your death my Y/n?"
He picks up me, his arms strong as the first time he picked me pressing his forehead against mine and stared at me with his calm mahogany red eyes.

I hug him. Tightly, hoping that this agony is crushed away by his embrace. Just like that day. All that could escape my mouth with a sensation of my heart melting away  was,

"Yes."