Act 3 Chapter 6: Serena's Truth

Stardust didn't seem much different. The glitter filled rivers, and the sweet smell still remained after many years. The buildings didn't change much either.

Marie's designs often consisted of shades of pink, but she tried her best to keep the once tropical theme of her original island home.

It was an unusually quiet day. Stardust had its own village, and not many people were out. Though, it was a good thing, in case Serena showed up.

"Everything looks the same." Elliott pointed out, "Maybe they just polish the buildings every few years."

"I do feel like Marie isn't one to change much. She's pretty confident in what she likes, and this is her section."

Elliott chuckled, "Marie does have a very unique style to her. She says other women shun her for being too feminine, but she doesn't see it as a bad thing. It's what she likes. She doesn't care if she's 'stereotypical'."

"I think Rex also mentioned she didn't always have confidence, right?" Zeke questioned.
"Yeah, we should probably get the full story one day. Marie just wanted guys to like her, but she didn't change herself for it. She believed she would find true love."

"That's not a bad mindset to have." Zeke smiled.

"Elliott! Zeke!" RJ's voice sounded suddenly.

The two turned, seeing the kids run up to them. RJ jumped with joy, "We were looking for you guys!"
"Same here."

Elliott noticed that Legend held the Pink Ember.

"You found it?!"
"Yeah, Legend's dad had it."

The brothers observed Legend, noting his presence.

"Legend, nice to meet you." Elliott smiled.
"RJ and Faith asked me about the relic. I helped them find it." Legend returned the smile.

"We should probably check if it's the real thing first. Faith, can you hold it for a second?" Zeke asked.
"Oh, um, sure."

Faith was nervous to hold such a powerful relic, but she knew she would be okay. Legend gently handed it to her. The relic glowed a vibrant pink in her hands.

"Hello!"

Faith jumped, "It talks!"
"Of course she can talk. A xylen spirit is trapped inside. She only shows herself when she senses a female."

"Oh, I see. There's men here. I suppose it's alright. I don't exclude anyone. My name is Dinah."
"Hello, Dinah. That's a pretty name. If I may ask, why do you only show yourself to girls?" Faith asked.

It took a moment for Dinah to answer.
"I guess a big part of it is that this curse only allows me to give power to women, but...I'm also dreadfully terrified of falling in love again. I can't lose another. Well, it's not like I can get out of here to love anyway."

"Aww, I'm sorry, Dinah." Faith frowned.
"How much time left before you disappear?" Elliott asked.

"About a day." Dinah answered.
"Okay, if it's okay with you, we'd like to take you home with us. There's an evil xylen after your power. We can't afford to have her get to it. She could destroy everything."

"Oh dear, I knew eventually I would be sought out by someone cruel. I only have enough power to give once. If she finds me, and wishes upon me I'll have no choice. You may take me home with you."

"Thank you, Dinah." Elliott turned, "We should go find your parents, Junior. Then we can head home."
"Um, can I stay with you guys until you leave?" Legend asked.

RJ beamed with excitement, "Can he? He's like my new best friend! Besides Faith."
"Well..." Elliott paused to think, "Sure, why not?"
"Yay!"
"But RJ, try not to get too attached. This isn't our time after all. You'd have to wait a long time to see Legend again."