Act 3 Chapter 15: "Forgiveness"

Rex examined everything once again, before turning towards the talking brick.

"Um, who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Phyllis! I've been working here forever. It's kind of boring sometimes, but don't tell my boss I said that."

"Hey, wait, this is a mistake! I'm actually not a villain. I sent all the bad guys here, but I guess I came with them." Rex explained.

"Oh, I see. So, you're a hero?"
"Yeah, can you please let me go home? All this happened way too fast. I actually didn't expect this to work so..."

"Oh, yeah!" Phyllis bounced, "Anything can work as a phantom zone projecter. As long as you have the crystal."

"Right, well...can you show me the way out here then? That would be pretty cool." Rex said.

Phyllis leaned in closer to him, her stubs flashing brightly. "It's not that I don't trust you, sir. I just need to make sure you're telling me the truth."

She quickly circled around Rex, scanning him for deeds of his past. Those very deeds were then projected vividly on a nearby surface, for the entire zone to see.

Rex stared in shock, stepping back slightly.

He saw images of himself from many years ago. He saw his hatred, his anger, and Armamageddon. The event that ended the universe.

"Woah!" Phyllis exclaimed, "Wait a second! You're Rex Dangervest!"

"Oh, you know me..."
"You're like, the greatest villain the universe has ever known! You destroyed it after all."

"Uh..." Rex rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, about that-"

"I can't let you go, Mr. Dangervest. Not with your record. I mean, it's literally the entire universe."

Rex grew tense. He couldn't stay in the Phantom Zone. He needed to go home.

"I couldn't have picked a more clique line, but please...I have a wife and child." He said, "They're waiting for me. I can't spend my entire life here. I've changed! I'm not like that anymore!"

"Hmm, I don't know. This is pretty bad. Plus, you have some recent negative things."

"Armamageddon was more than a decade ago! Come on! You forgave Batman! And I'm totally a better hero than him."

"Yes. I certainly did forgive Mr. Batman."
Phyllis flashed multiple colors, thinking about what to do.

"Batman was a very different thing, Mr. Dangervest...but for you, I can check in with my boss."

She quickly zoomed away, leaving Rex by himself.

The wind moved his hair, and his anger built up. He kicked the ground, simply because there was nothing else to kick.

"Ugh! This sucks! I didn't want this to happen!"

Rex looked around, and every villain suddenly had their eyes on him, moving out of the colorful fog.

He moved back, hugging himself. He definitely wouldn't be comfortable in such a place. Especially since every villain in Syspocalypstar was out to get him.

"Dangervest!"

"Oh." Rex sighed, then spoke sarcastically. "This is just great..."

He turned, and saw that Zachary had stepped out of the nearby fog. The other villains from Syspocalypstar came closer, but didn't go after him. He stared at Rex coldly.

"Ugh, I don't want to hear anything from you. Just hearing your voice makes me sick." Rex complained.

"You did this, didn't you?! I was in the middle of something important!"