Act 2 Chapter 7: RJ's Memories

RJ was surrounded by nothing but blue. The area around him resembled the xylen dimension, but was more vivid in color.

He knew he was dreaming, because he remembered falling asleep. He was up until dawn, and consumed by the memories of Faith.

RJ didn't know what was wrong with him, but he almost felt sad. Like he shouldn't be doing such things.

He looked down at his hand, making it glow a dark blue. Zeke did warn him of his power running out, but it still seemed at full strength.

His dream world glowed brightly around him.
"What's wrong with me? Why do I still feel comfortable thinking of her? She's just like the rest of them, isn't she?"

Faith didn't seem to want to hurt him, but RJ was convinced she was just pretending. Just like he believed his parents did.

Suddenly, the world around him shattered, much like a mirror. The echo of shattering fragments rang out loudly, and many pieces of the surrounding wall fell to the ground.

RJ moved back, but was curious when he saw images peeking through the broken spaces. He was hesitant, but stepped forward. He looked into the glowing void that was once hidden by his power.

"What is this?" He wondered.

He saw a vivid memory of Faith and himself playing when he was only four. One of his very first memories.

The image then changed to Faith's eight birthday, as he handed her a present he picked out himself.

RJ narrowed his eyes, "Why am I seeing this? I know this happened."

The image shifted again, showing their time travel adventure of the past. The day RJ and Faith learned the truth. The truth about Rex and his backstory.

"Father...you kept quite a big secret. I found it out in such an unexpected way."

The image changed to Rex talking to RJ about his true backstory. Rex and RJ's voices echoed with every word spoken.

"I know you've changed, dad."

RJ saw himself hug Rex.

"You don't need to worry about what I think of you. I love you. You're the only dad I have, and I want to be just like you someday."

RJ watched his father smile. He was genuinely happy. RJ began to have troubled doubts.
"A pretty convincing act...I'll admit."

"I love you too, buddy. Uh, thanks for understanding. I just hoped you wouldn't see me differently."

"You're my dad, and the hero of Syspocalypstar. That's all I'll ever see you as."

"Thanks, I know I'm awesome."

RJ frowned, "Dad...you kept up the act well, but I mustn't forget the truth."

The area around him cracked more, as the images became bigger.

The memory of the last time he played at the park with Faith flashed in his mind, and when Zeke appeared, everything suddenly blurred.

RJ growled, "Why am I seeing this? None of it matters!"

"Of course it does!"

RJ perked up, surprised by the sudden voice. He stepped to his right, looking down at his side.

He saw an image of himself, but how he was before. Eight years old, and perfectly happy with life.

"What?! Why...?" RJ sounded.
"Oh, I guess I'm like a part of our conscience or something. That's what it is, right? It's pretty cool!"