Chapter 9: "Marie's Past"

After the testing, Amber led Marie through the hallways of the facility to reunite her with RJ.

The Princess fixed her hair, and adjusted her clothes.
"That was invasive." She stated, "You guys pulled so hard on my hair."

"It's magic. We're just intrigued. Besides, we need some for the DNA scanner we have."

"Where did you get all this technology?"
"From the higher ups, they program everything."

The Princess shifted her gaze away from Amber, deciding not to question things further. She felt trapped, and only wanted to find RJ.

She couldn't wait for Rex to come and save her. She wanted nothing more than to run into his strong arms, and have him carry her away from that awful facility.

When they turned into another hallway, they passed by something that truly shocked Marie. She stopped walking, and turned towards the window of glass beside her.

She gasped, touching the glass. Inside the room were many cots, some containing infants. They ranged from newborn to about 4 months.

They slept quietly, blissfully unaware of the cruel containment they were in.

"What is this?"

"That's our nursery." Amber replied, "This just means we're close to the children's cell block."

"How could you?! These are babies! They need their parents!"

"We have to do what the higher ups say. All our babies are supernatural. They have abilities that need testing. We'll raise them here, and when they're old enough, we can use them."

"That sounds horrible!" Marie hugged herself, "I can't imagine how their parents must feel. They don't deserve to be trapped in here."

She observed the nursery, tensing up at every detail. She looked up at the ceiling above, concentrating on the lights. They casted a gentle white glow.

Suddenly, a weird feeling washed over her. The buzzing of the lights, the smell of the nursery, and the noises of the facility.

It all started to feel strangely familiar.

"Let's move on, and not pay attention to this. Your son is waiting." Amber urged her.

"Right! RJ."

The Princess snapped out of her thoughts, and quickly followed her into the child's cell block. Soon enough, Amber stepped in front of RJ's cell, unlocking it for her.

She stepped aside, "Here he is."

Marie looked into the cell, seeing RJ asleep on the uncomfortable cot. Tears filled her eyes, as she ran inside.

"RJ!"

The Prince shifted, opening his eyes slightly upon hearing his mother's gentle voice. He watched her approach him, bending down, and pulling him close.

As she embraced him, he snuggled sleepily into her chest. "Mommy?"

"Yes, it's me, Baby. I'm so sorry I took so long." Marie kissed the top of his head, "Dad will come and save us from the place soon."

Amber backed up, "I'll just...give you two some space."

She closed the cell door, and locked it up again. She then sighed, and walked down the hallways of the facility.

It was obvious that she was sad about the situation, but she couldn't speak her opinion on it.

"Amber!"

Her attention was caught by a facility employee, who ran up to her, with a paper in hand.

"Micheal, is everything okay? You look...shocked."