Chapter 7: "Excitement"

A couple months had passed since the incident with Elliott.

The Dangervests had returned to their normal life, even if Rex was busy most days. Their worries were far less troublesome compared to before.

That very day was bright and sunny, so they decided it was the perfect day to go out.

A new amusement park was built by the forest, and had an amazing view of a canyon completely void of any color.

It was properly named 'Colorless Canyon'.

It was the main attraction, and unique to Syspocalypstar. A place usually full of color.

RJ and Faith's parents decided that would be the best location for them to hang out.

Of course to do that, they had to get ready for the day ahead. Starting with a bath.

Rex sat down on the side of RJ's bathtub, still in his sleep clothes. He picked up a blue conditioner bottle, and squeezed the silky smooth product into his hands.

He rubbed them together suspiciously, mimicking a cartoonish act of villainy. He smirked, to match the vibe.

"Not even the magical wall of bubbles can save you from the claws of death, Prince!"

RJ peeked over his self-made mountain of foamy bubbles, as the water in the tub sounded with his movement.

After an intense stare down between the two, he playfully splashed Rex with water.

"Dad, fight him! You're stronger than this evil demon king possessing you!"

"It's too late for your father! And too late for you!"

Rex swiped away the wall of bubbles, and RJ laughed joyfully. He then scrubbed RJ's wet hair with the conditioner in his hands.

"You mean old king." RJ continued, "Your claws of death won't hurt me! I am immortal!"

Rex pulled away, filling up a nearby large cup with water.

"Immortality means eternal suffering! You shall drown forever in the waterfalls of my dark dimension!"

He poured it over his son's hair, washing out the conditioner. RJ shook his head, watching the water drip from his bangs, and into the water below him.

"What's this?! You seem to be able to withstand my waterfalls. Hmm, you must be stronger than I thought."

Rex pulled the plug on the bathtub, draining the water. He regained a playful smirk, as he picked up RJ's hooded dinosaur towel.

"Why, of course! I can smother you with this!" He paused, "If thy prince will step out of his fortress and face me."

RJ smiled, stepping out of the bathtub. His father almost immediately wrapped his towel around him, and ruffled his hair with it.

He laughed, before pulling out a blue rubber duck from behind him.

"Smothering is useless! I've got what I need to finally defeat you!"

"No!" Rex put his hands up, "The sacred Duck of Light!"

"This weapon will destroy you, and give me my father back! Farewell, Your Majesty."

RJ squeezed the rubber duck, squirting a stream of water into his dad. After it had run out, Rex held his head, then perked up playfully.

"Son, you saved me! That demon is gone!"
"Yes! I knew I could do it! I'm so glad!"

RJ hugged Rex, and he hugged back. They stayed like that for a while, then resumed the task at hand.