Chapter 6: "Reformed Villain"

Elliott waited nervously, as he paced the entrance hall of Watevra's palace.

It was strangely quiet, and lacked many of the daily visitors it normally received. After all, Watevra's palace was more like a resort.

Everyone gathered there for parties, and fun activities. It was truly a quiet, and empty day.

Even the pop music echoing through the bright and colorful hallways was quiet, and distant.

The Xylen was incredibly nervous, knowing that he wouldn't get away free. His crimes were too brutal, and he understood that. Even if he didn't mean to do anything of the sort.

He had been corrupted with power for so long that he had forgotten how to be human. After all, it's what he truly was.

An alien, but with a human form. That was something he could never change about himself.

Before he could get wrapped up in his own anxiety, the front doors of the palace finally opened.

Rex and Marie walked in, and the princess waved with a nervous smile.

"Hi, Elliott. Thank you for meeting us."

Elliott waved back, but as he did so, Rex showed him a cold glare. He was furious, and his anger couldn't be described with words alone.

His wife whispered something to him, before they proceeded towards Elliott.

"Hi, Marie. Rex."
The Defender sneered at him, "We aren't friends."

The xylen tensed up slightly, and bowed his head apologetically. He had forgotten what he was taught about the politeness towards royalty.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness."
"You better be." Rex crossed his arms.

The Princess frowned, and tapped her husband's arm.
"Um, Honey. There's no need, really."

"It's his place."
"Even if we are royalty, it doesn't make us better than anyone else." She replied sincerely, "Elliott, you can call me by my name. It's fine."

"No, you can't."

"Honey, please. I'd hate to argue with you. We talked about this on the way here. I understand you're upset, but we have to try."

Rex sighed, "Okay, okay. I just don't think he should get off this easily."

"Get off easy?" Elliott questioned.

"Yes, we called Watevra ahead of time. You know, to explain everything. I wanted to convince her to not put you in jail."

"Are...you serious? Don't you understand what I did?"

"I do, but you weren't yourself. You haven't truly been living. For all these years you've been corrupted. It's time to start over."

The Prince of Stardust pulled his wife closer to him. Even though he was visibly annoyed, he decided to agree to her decision.

"Look, ignore me. I hate everyone. Expect my Starlight...she's pretty cool. So, if this makes her happy, then I'm happy."

"Oh!" Marie kissed his jawline, "You're so sweet! How'd I get so lucky?"

"And remember this..." Rex held her close, "She is my wife. She's cute, hot, and the nicest person ever. And she is mine, okay?"

"Right. Understood." The Purple Xylen replied.

"I'm serious. Don't look at her funny ever again. Capiche?"

"Yeah. Totally. I promise, I don't like her that way. That was just a...power thing."