Act 3 Chapter 10: Connection

Marie frowned, watching Nyx sit quietly in her cell. It was lined with ghost traps to keep her in place, and she was very much agitated.

She had been gone for a long time, and she Knew Rex and RJ were preoccupied, but Rex worried. She just wanted to go home.

Marie started to think that this was too much. Not only was every villain on the loose, but one of her best friend's was locked up.

So far, the day was awful. One of the worst days Marie ever had to experience. She took out her cellphone, thinking about calling Rex and telling him everything. The world around her would only get more dangerous. She knew that.

"Your highness."

Marie turned, putting her phone back into her purse. Glitterfield approached her, along with two other guards beside him. Marie assumed the rest of Watevra's staff was out searching for the criminals that escaped.

"Yes?"
"Your idea did indeed work. Brandon would like to speak with you."
Marie nodded, "Of course, lead the way."

Marie followed after Glitterfield and his guards, keeping her head down. She wondered when all the villains would come back, but it was obvious they were hiding for the sake of their freedom.

The guards led her to the hospital area of the prison. Marie stepped inside, eyeing Brandon on the first bed. His husband stayed close for support, and showed a protective aura.

Brandon bowed his head, "Your highness."
"My, you're hurt. I'm so sorry this happened to you." Marie frowned, examining his bandages.

"Don't worry about me. I'm okay. I need to tell you what happened last night."
"Of course." Marie pulled up a nearby chair, sitting in it. She eagerly awaited Brandon's statements.

"The one who broke into the prison appeared to be a woman. I think she had blonde and pink hair, and wore all pink. Very feminine. I was able to get a look at her before she started destroying things." Brandon said.

Marie froze, knowing exactly who he was talking about. "Se- Serena?"
"You know her, your highness?"

Marie hugged herself, growing tense. She thought Serena had changed her mind. Everyone did. Serena had seemed so frustrated, that she had convinced everyone that she had given up.

It was clear that Serena chose revenge over the thing she seemed to want the most. Becoming human. Marie had no idea why Serena was so committed to destroying her life. There was definitely more to the story that Marie had yet to know about.

"Yes, I do. I'm sorry, this is all my fault." Marie admitted, "She wants to destroy me, and my family. It's a long story. A very hard one to tell."

"Princess, this is not your fault." Brandon's husband spoke up, "I can't help but feel sorry for you and Prince Rex. You go through so much. Everyone's heard of your adventures. You've saved Syspocalypstar countless times."

"We've been living just fine. It was wonderful before things started coming up. Things have recently been complicated. I worry about my husband and son." Marie wiped her tears, "I'm sorry, I never caught your name."

"It's Kiran, Your Highness."
"Kiran." Marie smiled slightly, "Beautiful. It sounds like the name of a strong prince in a fairytale. Protect Brandon like one until we fix this. That's all I ask."

"You can fully trust me, Princess. I won't leave his side."
Marie nodded, "Until then, I will try my best to fix this. Thank you for telling me about Serena. I'm afraid this is a personal issue. It'll be my main focus. Eventually, we will defeat these villains. Evil never wins."