Act 4 Chapter 2: "Universe"

The light faded, and Marie opened her eyes. There was finally some relief, now that the area was dimmer.

However, it wasn't Elliott's bedroom. Instead, it was her and Rex's bedroom. Back in Rexcelsior.

The only light in the room was the lamp on her side of the bed. It tinted the room in a soft yellow light.

Marie looked around, utterly confused.

"What? Why...am I home? Did the relic bring me here? Why would it...? Honey!"

The princess looked down, noticing her clothes had changed to her silk nightgown. The very short and feminine one that Rex loved on her.

It was like she was sleep walking, and had just suddenly woken up.

Marie turned towards the bed, her slightly glowing hair swayed behind her.

Rex was nowhere in sight. Rexcelsior was quiet. Even with a mostly soundproof room, Marie should've heard something.

Not even the ship's air conditioning unit hummed quietly. It was completely silent.

"Honey!" Marie called, "Tough Guy, are you here?"

"Hey, chillax, Starlight."

Marie turned towards the bathroom in the bedroom. Rex walked out, drying his hair off with a dark blue towel.

He wore nothing but a towel around his waist, and he showed a soft expression. He looked like he had gotten out of the shower in a rush, with little time to dry off.

"You okay?" Rex asked, his voice low.

Marie blinked, "I just...I just looked that way. You weren't- the bathroom was-"

Rex walked up to her, dropping the towel on the floor as he moved forward.

He looked into her eyes, and traced her soft jawline with his fingers.

"Did you have a bad dream, Darlin'? You look worried."

With his words, the surrounding world shimmered a faint pink.

"I...I'm so confused." Marie replied.

Rex's expression changed, and he suddenly smiled. He traced his fingers down Marie's body.
"I think I know what might cheer you up."

He separated from her, slipping on the nearby bed. He motioned Marie towards him.

"You look so sexy in that. I just can't resist." He chuckled, "And I know you think I'm sexy too. Let's have this night to ourselves."

Marie observed Rex, noticing his naturally muscular frame, and his charming eyes.

He was so attractive, and she loved how he looked.

Her eyes glowed pink, for only a few seconds. Then, the pink faded.

The power of the world around her failed to affect her.

"Honey, I love you very much." She sat down beside Rex, "But I want to help Serena right now. If that's okay. I just can't relax until we do."

Rex tilted his head, "You'd rather help Serena, then have fun with me?"

"Oh, it's not like that!" Marie touched his arm, "I will always choose you, it's just-"

"This is all I'm good for, ya know? If I'm not hot, then what good am I?"

Marie frowned, "Honey...you are more than this. I love your body. But I also love your smile, your courage, your heart. That is what really matters. I enjoy every part of you. Simply because...you are you."