Act 3 Chapter 11: "Zachary's Mansion"

RJ rested his head in his hand, as she stared out of Faith's bedroom window. The light breeze moved his hair. His expression was filled with boredom.

Rex and Marie had left him with Emmet and Lucy for a reason, but he couldn't stop thinking about them. The heroic spirit in him just wanted to go help them.

Faith tapped his shoulder, "RJ."

RJ turned towards her, humming quietly. Faith showed a small smile, "You wanna color? I got new coloring books."

RJ frowned, shaking his head.
"I'm just worried about mom and dad."

Faith sensed his worry. I was understandable, a lot was happening. She hoped everything would be over soon, but there was no avoiding conflict.

"I'm worried too, but they want you to stay here. You'll be safe with us."

"I don't want to be safe! I want to help them!" RJ responded, his tone harsh.

Faith touched his arm, leaning slightly closer to him. She kept a confident and nurturing look that caused her eyes to sparkle.

"RJ, you need to be safe. You're their only son. You have a future ahead of you. They don't want that taken away from you." She said.

"Well, I don't want to just sit here. Everything will be okay anyway. Evil never wins."

RJ was tired of doing nothing. His parents were out there, encountering some villain. If anything happened to them, his world would come crashing down.

Everything he loved would be lost. There would be no defenders of Syspocalypstar. No parents to love him, and for him to love in return.

He moved away from the window, picking up his hoodie from Faith's bed. Faith watched RJ put it on, showing a frown.

"RJ..."
"I'm going, Faith. I have to. I'm just too worried."

Faith shook her head, pulling RJ close to her.
"I understand but-"

"But nothing, Faith! What if mom and dad are in danger? You never have to worry about that stuff. Your parents are always just fine."

Faith was taken aback by RJ's words. She understood he was upset, and he made some points, but it still hurt. She never once saw herself above him.

RJ pushed himself over the windowsill, looking for a place to land.

"RJ." Faith called, "We're really not..."

She wanted to protect against going, but nothing would change RJ's mind at that point.

Emmet and Lucy would be upset with her, but as some say, it's better and easier to ask for forgiveness later, than ask now.

"At least let me go with you. You'll need a partner."

RJ's attitude shifted. He put on a small smile, happy that Faith wanted to accompany him. It was always them. He never felt alone.

"I wouldn't have anyone else! Besides dad and mom, of course."
Faith could help but chuckle, "They went to some kind of mansion, right?"

"Yeah. Zachary's mansion." RJ answered, "I met him when I visited the prison with dad. He likes fairytales and princesses and stuff."

"Fairytales? Interesting, I guess."

RJ nodded, "I can tell you more while we head over there, but we need to hurry. I need to make sure mom and dad are alright."

Faith still had an uneasy feeling lingering in her mind, but she wouldn't let that stop her. She was always one to worry, so she assumed it was just her mindset.