Act 3 Chapter 9: Evil Returns

The morning passed by quickly, with an eventful yesterday, Rex and Marie were exhausted. The couple slept in, still asleep by ten in the morning.

Marie shifted, her hair rubbing against her pillow case. She had sweet dreams of Rex, and everything she loved about him. Which was everything. Her love for him was powerful. Love in general was the most powerful magic of all. Even if it wasn't literal magic.

True love's kiss saved Rex the night they got together. It was a mystery to what would've happened if Marie hadn't kissed Rex to break Jade's spell.

Marie's dreams faded away, as she opened her eyes. Another day was ahead of her, and she wanted to make the most of it. Marie eventually sat up, fluffing out her slightly frizzy hair.

She noticed Rex still asleep, and she couldn't help but smile. He was so cute. His expression was always genuine when he was sleeping.

Marie pushed her hair back, as she bent down to kiss his cheek. For a moment, she rubbed her cheek into his, feeling the tickle of his stubble.

Rex groaned quietly, "Starlight?"
Marie giggled, "Good morning, Handsome."

Rex pulled his wife into a loving, gentle embrace. He spoke tiredly, rubbing his eye.
"What time is it?"

"Ten." Marie touched his nose, "We should probably start our day before RJ tries making breakfast on his own."

"He can't even reach the cabinet. How's he going to manage that?" Rex opened his eyes, "I'm usually up early."

"Well, it was a long day yesterday...and your stress pills make you drowsy."
Marie kissed Rex sweetly, and he happily returned the passion-filled kiss, running his fingers through her long, slightly tangled hair.

The door to their bedroom suddenly opened, as RJ peeked into their room. "Dad, mom?"

Marie and Rex turned towards him.
"Just waking up. Sorry, baby." Marie stood up, "What do you want for breakfast?"

RJ hummed, "Let me think about that."
Marie smiled sweetly, "Get dressed, brush your teeth."
"Okay!" RJ closed the door. Going to follow his mother's instructions.

Rex stretched out his arms, "I should really install a lock on that door. He's going to catch us in the act one day."

"Don't you dare jinx it." Marie hit him playfully, laughing at his home.

Rex laughed with her, grinning widely.
"Come on, I'm kidding. You know there's not a chance."
"Um hmm. You'd be surprised, tough guy."

Rex suddenly hugged Marie from behind, dragging her onto the bed again.
"Hey! Honey."
"You were the one surprised."

Marie laughed once again, as Rex tickled her.
"The bad guy's got me!" She joked.
"Ah, but you're the one the married the villain, sweet princess. You signed up for this."

Marie giggled playfully, turning to kiss Rex's jawline. "I love you so much."
Rex leaned into her, "I love you...and I bet you ten bucks RJ's gonna say pancakes."
"I'll take that bet."

———————————————————————
Marie placed a plate on freshly made pancakes down the kitchen table. They were beautifully decorated with shiny syrup, and chocolate chips.

Rex leaned over the kitchen counter, showing a smile. "What'd I say, huh?"
"Can I pay you in kisses?" Marie asked.

"A date night." Rex responded quickly.
"Done. This weekend."

Marie turned, calling out to her son "RJ!"
She prepared another stack of pancakes for Rex, placing it in front of him as he sipped his coffee.
"Eat something, dear husband. You didn't have anything for dinner."