Chapter 4: "The Past"

RJ and Faith clumsily exited the portal, as it quickly closed behind them. The force of being rudely pushed through left them stunned.

The Special's Daughter fell to the ground, landing with a hard thud against sparking pink sand. RJ remained steady on his feet.

"Ow..."
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." She wiped the sand off of her outfit, before standing up. "We're back home, right?"

RJ looked around, observing his surroundings.

The area reminded him of his kingdom, but he soon realized that it was much too different to be considered his home.

A harsh wind moved through the area, scattering the sand and moving the pink palm trees. The rivers flowed quietly, as it sparkled on the sun.

"This kind of looks like Stardust, but it's...different."

"Different?" Faith looked around, "Oh, You're right. It is. The buildings aren't the same."

"Especially that one." RJ pointed forward.

She directed her gaze to where he was pointing, and stood surprised.

The very same castle they were just in, stood before them, but much brighter and gave off a more cheerful vibe. A small tropical village surrounded it.

"This isn't Stardust. Ah! What are we going to do?! How are we going to get home?! Maybe then we can warn Mom, Daddy, or even Watevra about this."

"This sure does feel like Stardust. The sand is the same. The smells are the same. It's so weird."

The Prince walked up to a nearby citizen in the village, and waved for their attention.

"Excuse me."

They looked down at him, and smiled.
"Hey, Little Boy. What's up?"

"Um...little boy? Don't you know who I am?"

The Villager shook their head, "Should I?"

"We're looking for Syspocalypstar City. Can you point us in the right direction?" Faith stepped forward, "We need to talk to Queen Watevra as soon as possible."

"Syspocalypstar? Well, I don't know what that is, but the Queen is getting ready for the ceremony tonight. It's best we don't interrupt her. Why don't you enjoy Stardust until then?"

"So...this is Stardust?" RJ questioned.

The Special's Daughter shook her head, "But that's not possible. Stardust is different from this place. It doesn't have a castle. It has Rexcelsior."

The Citizen blinked, confused.
"I still don't understand what you're talking about. But I hope you enjoy your day before the ceremony. The Queen is getting married to Batman!"

They walked away, leaving RJ and Faith confused. They looked at each other, then back at the scenery.

"Watevra's marrying Batman? But she married him years ago. Long before even we were born."

His eyes widened, "Wait. Faith. What if...we're back in time?"

"What?!"

"It...kind of makes sense? Doesn't it? Watevra and Batman are getting married. Stardust looks different. People don't know about Syspocalypstar."

"...no way."

"Elliott must have used his powers wrong, because I'm home...but not exactly."

"Oh no! No no no!" Faith shook, "RJ, we have to find a way back home! This is really bad!"