ACT 3 Chapter 7: Home

"My, you're just covered in bandages. Aren't you, your highness?"
"I definitely am." Marie replied.

The doctor had checked out Marie, and bandaged up her wound for her. Rex stayed by her side, relieved that Marie was taking things well.

"Well, we cleaned it, bandaged it up. It'll take a while to heal though. Change the bandage when needed, and please call if it starts bleeding again or you have symptoms of infection. Until then, I can prescribe something for the pain." The doctor spoke.

Marie nodded, pushing a strand of her hair back. "Yes, thank you. Oh, actually, can you have someone check out my husband, please?"
"Starlight, I'm okay." Rex responded.

Marie turned towards him. She touched his cheek, rubbing his stubble. Rex looked in her eyes, and knew she was concerned for him.

He sighed, "Okay..."
"Thank you."

"We have a room available, Prince Rex. One of our nurses can definitely check you out."
"Yeah, sure."

Rex kissed Marie's hair, before following the doctor out of the room. He was tired, and just wanted to go home, but Elliott was right in recommending a hospital visit.

"Marie's going to be okay, right?"
"I'm sure the princess will be just fine, your highness."

Rex looked to his feet, "Gosh, I just worry so much. We've had a rough week."
"A rough week? I'm sorry, your highness."

The doctor peeked into an empty hospital room, "You can wait in here, your highness."
"Thanks."

Rex sat down on the hospital bed, watching the doctor leave. Presumably to find a nurse for him.

He wished that day had never happened. Rex examined the injured area on his arm, feeling his regret of the infection incident consume him again.

Rex told Marie he felt better, but he was lying. He had so much anger, frustration, and worry corrupt him. Rex just didn't want her to keep worrying about him.

He hoped that something like this would never happen again. Marie didn't deserve any of this. He couldn't go back in time to fix his mistakes this time.

A knock sounded at the door, catching Rex's attention. A nurse walked in, showing a brightest smile she could manage.
"Hello, your highness!"

"Hey." Rex paused, "Nurse...Sugar?"
"Um hmm! I'm glad you remember me!"

Rex chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I'm not on my deathbed this time."
"Aww, don't over exaggerate it."

The nurse looked at the clipboard in her hand, "I have to fill this out. What are you being checked out for?"

"I don't know exactly. Marie just wanted me to be seen."
"Umm hmm. I see you have an injury on your arm."

"Yeah, uh, got into a fight...with a celestial being. Long story. I'm okay, thick muscles."
"Right." The nurse sounded, "Let me check your vitals."

Rex watched Nurse Sugar put the clipboard down, before she took his temperature. Rex found this stuff slightly annoying, but it needed to be done. He was like Marie, in the case of not liking hospital visits.

Nurse Sugar checked everything while he was lost in thought. She wrote on the clipboard, taking a moment, before stepping in front of Rex. Her heels echoed through the quiet room.

"Your blood pressure is elevated. Stressed?"
"Probably." Rex answered.

Nurse Sugar frowned, "Is stress usually an issue?"
"Well, I don't know."
"I would imagine so, you're the defender of Syspocalypstar."