I'm Not that Cruel *Part 26 (The End)

I'm Not that Cruel

The scrubs made the situation feel so real. It was happening. He was going to meet his children for the first time. He rubbed his hands on the blue plastic of his scrubs. His hands wouldn't stop sweating.

Shownu tried to focus on his surroundings. It felt weird to be on the other side of the hospital. Nurses came in and out of the operating room. The glass window in front of was slightly tinted but he could still see the inside of the operating room. Kihyun was there. He could only see him lying there, opened to the doctor.

The nurses were getting him ready to go inside. They were telling him things that he could not comprehend. Medical jargon that jumbled into noises. He focused on the moving hands of the doctor. Loud talking. Beeping sounds. The smell of fear.

"We are ready when you are ready Mr. Son," the nurse who brought him the scrubs said. She had her glasses secure behind her mask and was motioning with her hand to lead him inside the room.

"Is he awake?"

"Mr. Yoo is under anesthesia. He will wake up soon after surgery," the nurse said, reassuring him that Kihyun was under great care. She send him a quick smile with her eyes before the door slid open and lead him to the table. " This way."

The room bore heavy seriousness. Every eye focused on the table and there was this silence that was hard to grasp. There was noise. The surgeon talked fast and importantly. His words were foreign and full of class as if he was the king of this room and only his people understood the law. The doctor smiled at him and asked him something.

Shownu blinked and placed his hands on his back. The room was bright in front of his vision yet dim around him. It was fucking up his concentration.

"Do you want to cut the cord?"

~~~

"You seriously passed out after cutting the cord?" Hyungwon laughed. Wonho was behind him, sitting on a brown leather single sofa while Hyungwon sat on the arm of the sofa.

Shownu squinted. He let his arm lay on top of his eyelids. It was a for a moment that he had saw nothing. No recollection. No memory of cutting anything, or the first moment of seeing one of his children. He was bummed, beyond mad at himself.

"Where am I?" He knew he was lying down on something. He was still wearing his normal clothes minus the scrubs. His other hand touched rough fabric. The side of his arm touched something cold which indicated that he was on a hospital bed. "Where is Kihyun? The triplets?"

"Kihyun is on the bed next to you watching you freak out."

"I need to see him." He twisted his body to look at Kihyun. He was indeed next to him on his own hospital bed. Kihyun's forehead looked damp, the ends sticking out in all directions. His head was prompted above three pillows and his hands were by his belly that was now swollen.

"I am okay, Shownu. Don't worry about me right now."

"He needs me," Shownu protested. It took all of his strength not to swap Minhyuk's hands away from him.

Minhyuk's hands pushed him back on the bed a little too forcefully. Shownu's body reacted before his mind began to foster the reality of the situation. He was supposed to be holding Kihyun's hand giving him all the warmth and comfort after having a difficult surgery. Instead he was lying down in a bed useless.

"Minhyuk, if you don't let me go I am going to fire you."

"You don't even work there," Minhyuk said. Minhyuk held his grip on Shownu's wrist with a glare he had never seen before. "Once you are clear from the doctor that you can get up then you can be beside Kihyun. "