I'm Not that Cruel Part 19 *Showki

I'm Not that Cruel 19 *Showki

His heart pounded, every step mimicking the beat that his heart produced. Shownu knew soon he would have to talk to Kihyun about his past and he hoped it wouldn't not have to be today.

The door resonated after he closed it. There was no sound coming from the kitchen or the living room. The drapes were shut and all the lights were out despite the day getting darker. The only thing producing light was the afternoon light peeking from the drapes.

Shownu slowly dropped his bag on the single couch besides the kitchen and went on a hunt to look for Kihyun. Usually Shownu found him sitting on the couch eating and watching TV, or on his phone. He sometimes felt bad for making Kihyun stay at home and not work. It was hard enough keeping the pregnancy a secret from his employees and run the chance of creating chaos without really knowing the fully story, and allowing Kihyun to stay would cause more than a ruckus. This would be the start of a bloody fight not only with his father, but with the investors of his father's company.

Slowly, the memory of when he first bought this house surfaced like the memories of his dying mother and sister coming back once again when Leticia showed up again after years of not seeing her.

At that time he had been lonely. So bitter. Indeed the cruel boss the employees boasted about in secret. That had been what made him so different now and back then. He had not care a bit. Why would he? He had nothing to lose.

At the end of the day none of them would be with him at night. He didn't know about their lives or who they were. Their gossip and their shared secret of his name were mere accessories, materials that were beneficial to the job but not a necessity. He could always replaced them.

But it was after he had stepped into the lives of Kihyun and those around him that he saw people with personalities and liveliness. It was so fucked up. Yet it had no effect on him whatsoever. It was that leap into a party he knew would change the atmosphere that he realized how deprived he was from human contact.

Jooheon had always been there. Knew what Shownu had been through. He understood him and rarely judged Shownu for the decisions he made, no matter how fucked up they were.

His heart raced his motions, demanding that he hurried up and opened the door. It was really quiet, his room giving the aura of stillness. No movements, no sound.

When he opened the door, Shownu was presented with darkness. Sheets on the bed were crumpled and the pillows thrown on the floor. Because the windows were closed, heat penetrated into his back, placing his shirt with dampness.

"Where else could he be?"

There was something twisting inside his gut, warning him that Kihyun wasn't okay. It felt as if his world was crumbling down.

He checked their bathroom. Everything looked good, no presence of someone had just been there.

Did he go somewhere? But where. Kihyun doesn't have a car. He can't even walk without putting their children in danger. Kihyun wouldn't put their kids in danger without first discussing anything with Shownu.

Slowly pressure climbed from his hands and into his temples almost making him see a white hazy cloud over his eyes.

No, he couldn't have left. Shownu was sure of this. But there was still that possibility and he didn't want to hesitate and act as quick as possible just in case he did leave. He wasn't so much as scare that Kihyun would leave him. It was that he had fled in not so good conditions, possibly endangering both himself and the lives of their children.

'What are you even talking about,' he tells himself with some positivity that Kihyun did no such thing. He's jumping into conclusions without calming himself down to realize how exaggerated they are.