I'm Not that Cruel Part 17 *Showki

It had been a few days and Kihyun couldn't keep the woman out of his mind. Whenever he thought of her, the sonogram he kept hidden under one of his books would appear inside as well.

The strangest thing now was that Shownu was lovelier and touchy with Kihyun, and that boggled him. If he definitely was cheating on him why would Shownu want to be closer to him? Wouldn't Shownu ignore him and act distant?

Kihyun was so confuse and it made him want to withdraw from Shownu although he never withdrew entirely. Kihyun would announced that he was tired and would go to bed early all so that he wouldn't spill all his wandering questions and heavy secrets he was holding and keeping so far.

But Shownu would only want to get closer to him. If he would say that his feet hurt, and they couldn't go out and eat somewhere then Shownu would take him back to their bed and rubbed his feet. With such actions it was hard for Kihyun to doubt Shownu and it made easy for him to forget what he had saw the other day.

What is going on? Kihyun was exasperated a week after the incident. He was getting fatter and his will to move and find the truth made it harder for him to follow with the plans that Hyungwon and Minhyuk would send him and as well as updates of what they found or what they were doing.

On Saturday Kihyun stayed with Shownu all day that he couldn't meet with his friends despite them wanting to hang out with him to spill all the tea they  had heard that week. With a sigh, Kihyun had told them that he couldn't and it would be best to come announced the next day if they wanted him to be free.

Minhyuk understood although Hyungwoon protested that he would lose interest if he didn't tell him that day. Despite his protests Kihyun still said no. He was tired and arguing made him drained.

As he got closer to his due date the harder the things seemed to get for him. His walk was slower and painful. No matter what he did his feet wouldn't stop from swelling and he would be out of breath if he would walk to the kitchen to grab something. Even if he had been told that he couldn't walk much his stubbornness didn't allow him to rest.

Shownu had been understanding of him wanting to be active because ever since Kihyun stopped working his life plummeted into boringness and staying active alleviated it.

The woman's sonogram was placed on his lap as he sat on the bed, his hands on his belly comforting the pain that would come and go. The tv was turned on with the volume low and he had the urge to turn it up loud to distract his thoughts that were turning to the wrong side of sanity.

"Who are you?" Kihyun spoke aloud, wanting to analyze every detail and at the same time no longer wanting to see that damn sonogram again.

It wouldn't be long before Shownu came back from work. He had time to visit that forbidden door and finally discover why he can't be in that room. He had never want back to that room and try to discover what it had in there the first time he felt the curiosity to open the door.

Maybe it was time to revisit that idea. His mind wouldn't settle until he found out and maybe that room could be a clue. No. It was definitely a clue.

With tenderness, Kihyun placed the sonogram behind his kids' first sonogram and then closed the photobook that Shownu had gifted him.

His mind had made a decision. He had to find out what that room contained. Kihyun was more than certain that room was linked to the sonogram. What else would it be? There's a child involved and Kihyun will find out soon why that child's identity is concealed. Why he is not in Shownu's life and why all of a sudden she's back in Shownu's life. Shownu was his now and he wasn't going to let a woman from his past ruin what he has with Shownu.