I'm Not That Cruel Pt. 7 *Showki

I'm Not That Cruel

Part Seven:

The feeling of warmth overpowering his body, a strange feeling of giddiness surfacing throughout his body, and the smile that kept creeping into Kihyun's face every now and then were completely understatements. The minute that he opened the door, when he heard a couple of knocks repeatedly being made, and Hyungwon had open his immediately put a smile on Kihyun's face.

Since he had chosen to forget about that hidden door, a place he so badly wanted to discover, he instead tried everything he could to distract himself before his friends came over.

There was only so much he could do.

Kihyun thought of many things he could do to distract himself. He had never cooked before so that was out of the question. Besides, there wasn't any solid ingredients that would be good for a dish. He was tired of flipping through channels and since he rarely goes on his phone, there wasn't any content that could keep him occupy for any much longer than five minutes.

With the thought of what was behind the door, Kihyun went outside and took a nice brief walk, enjoying the brisk of the wind, and took notice of every house, absorbing the neighborhood ahead.

The cars this time gave him a distraction, the sound to remind him of the constant time that kept everyone in motion. There was safety as he went further along in his walk. Although the road screamed danger,-any type of vehicle screamed danger- the sidewalks gave him comfort; the concrete was his bubblewrap protection. From the sidewalk nothing could hurt him.

The walk gave Kihyun time to think. There was constant, spiraling questions that would not go away; there was no answer to them, anyways. Kihyun kept asking himself why he wanted to know what was behind the closed door. Anyone kept secrets from others, it was a normal thing. Whether that secret was good for others or it was to keep the person from being exposed was besides the point.

Secrets, however meant that there was pain and isolation. No one would keep secrets unless it was for the protection of themselves or for the fear of being judge. Either way is isolation at its finest.

And although it wasn't any of his business, Kihyun had this pulse of truth that he wanted to know about Shownu. No one is cruel for nothing, and even if the most horrible thing happened to the person that doesn't mean that they could hurts others simply because they got hurt. Still, the impulse of wanting to know would not leave his mind. Even if what he found would give him an ounce of understanding on Shownu's behavior that was still better nothing.

Knowing is better than not knowing.

As soon as he hit a turn, Kihyun, still lost in thought, turn on his heel and walked back to the house, the keys safely between his fingers. Somehow he felt like Shownu would be there once he got back home, which is crazy considering that Shownu said he would be home really late.

And in truth, Shownu wasn't there. That thought was so silly. If Shownu was in deed home, he would of immediately call him on his cellphone to yell at him for walking so close to cars. Lately Shownu had been overprotective on him. Messaging a few times an hour to make sure he was safe, that their kids were safe.

Kihyun doesn't think anything of it. He's not really bothered by this. He likes that Shownu is worry about him and his kids because he is too. Every second is thought about his kids and the possibility that one of them can turn out not so fine or that during surgery, he might not turn out all right. He tries not to think about all of these because it just makes him even more scared, and he still has more months to go.

Now Kihyun and his two best friends, Hyungwon and Minhyuk were sprawled all over his bed, catching up with each other. Hyungwon is lying down on his pillow, his legs prompted on the wall, Kihyun next to him, sitting, his legs crossed over each other, and Minhyuk sitting on the edge of the bed as he played with Shownu's cologne that he left in the morning before he left to a meeting.