I'm Not that Cruel *Showki Part 12

Kihyun stared at the door. The slightly open door taunting him, urging him to enter. The door was still close to the door frame that the only thing he could see was the white wall of the closet.

Sighing, he takes a step back. This door lured him here wanting to know why Shownu comes here often. Before he used to want to barge in and find out immediately what he had. He thought, at first, that Shownu kept bodies in his room like in the short story he read in his English class, A Rose for Emily. Then he thought he was ridiculous for thinking such things.

If he did keep dead bodies in there the smell would be unbearable. He was definitely thinking crazy things. There wasn't even a putrid smell.

And now he believes this room has to be related with the ultrasound he found on the picture book. But then why would he go back there when he for sure can go see his first child with the mother.

Kihyun took a step forward, his hand touching the door. His hand was cold from the touch, his forehead almost touching. The urge to open door invaded his vision. He envisioned himself inside there, shocked, his eyes unable to comprehend what he was seeing in there.

"I can't do this, " Kihyun said under his breath, turning around to walk back to his room, his eyes never looking at the door.

It was midday. Because of the pregnancy, he would wake up later than usual, nothing planned that would give him an excuse to wake up early. He was stuck in the house that waking up at one in the afternoon would not affect him, except the headaches that accompanied too much sleeping.

Despite his worry and his pensive curiosity, he was excited to see his friends Minhyuk and Hyungwon. He hadn't seen them in a week and he was dying to see them. It was the first time in years that they had not seen each other in a week. Even though they all lived in separate buildings, they all went to each other's places and spent hours and hours talking to each other.

The living room and kitchen were dirty. Dishes were on the sink and the two plates that Shownu had used for his breakfast laid there, a sign that he really needed to clean a soon as possible. Instead of going back to his room, he took a step forward and sat on the chair.

Breathing in and out, he touched his heart, the beating of his heart thumping so loud he could feel it all over his body. It was if someone had plugged in a speaker to his heart and was playing at the highest volume possible, wanting him to have a heart attack.

Everything would be fine, if Kihyun allowed himself to think positive thoughts. He didn't have to always walk through the tunnel of misery and contemplation. And somehow, he always did. Moving in with Shownu had been a neutral thing. He didn't think much about it. Moving in with Shownu was the practical thing to do. He was going to have three children in the span of six months and he needed all the help he could have; he actually needed money which Shownu has. He makes more money than he does so besides falling in love with Shownu, he had the option of extracting money from Shownu; which he would only use for his children, of course.

The falling for Shownu part. That statement bewildered him. He was falling in love with Shownu and he could begin to rip apart that of his brain that was hurting because of Shownu's secret. This why it hurt so much. Shownu having a secret meant that he wasn't completely a part of his life yet, especially now that Kihyun was verily discovering Shownu could potentially have another child besides the three Kihyun is carrying inside his womb.

What other secrets is he keeping! His brain screams as his heart moans with agony. His mind and brain argue, both equally fighting to be the one to be in most pain.

For sure his heart was the one winning. There was a hollow hole in his heart, creating an uncomfortable feeling that passed through his body and kept itself there, unable to move and settling in there, making itself comfortable.