I'm Not that Cruel Part 18 *Showki

The car wasn't so far off from his home. It was rather stationed at the gas station that was right before turning to the street where he lived. Every now and then Shownu would get gas before coming home. Today had been one of those days except he had regretted coming straight to the gas station instead of going straight to Kihyun.

Shownu saw the car pulled up as he got out to pay for his gas inside the store. Leticia has stayed back in the car and only getting out when he had approached his car again to fill his gas tank.

Back in the office he had been clear to Leticia he couldn't keep meeting her whenever she wanted to discuss about their son. It was painful. He would never forget his first child, that room that he had made for his child was still intact, but it was time for them to move on. Leticia has a beautiful daughter now and he's about to have three children of his own. He can't keep dwelling in the past.

And quite frankly he doesn't think it's fair that he keeps lying to Kihyun about this. Shownu didn't want to mesh his old life with his new life. It was easier to do this when Leticia was far away from him and living her own life.

Now she was here and she kept insisting to meet and talk about their past. It was so hard for him to say no. He had been in his life so long and at one point he had imagined that they would spend their lives together with their son. Yet reality happened.

It was time for Leticia to realize that.

"Why didn't you answer my phone call?" Leticia stopped right in front of him. She was angry. Her white glasses were placed at the brink of her nose. She had done her eyeshadow a light pink. It reminded him of those times she would ask him to compliment her eyeshadow whichever the color it was.

Shownu smiled at the faint memory. They had been so close even before they had began dating. Who knew that in his mind she would not be the one to occupy that space that was designated for love. It was now occupied by Kihyun. At this moment Kihyun was all he was thinking about.

The car was filled with gas now. He briefly closed his eyes. This was good. The conversation wouldn't take long.

"I was busy. I told you that." Shownu put the pump back and closed the lid. He was trying to keep his cool. He didn't like to be confronted with accusations that had nothing to do with him.

She laughed pushing her glasses to the top, right where he could see her eyes filled with pleading, fear, maybe. "What has gotten into you? This is not like you to ignore me. In the past..."

Shownu didn't let her continue. He checked his watch. He was going to be late if he didn't hurry things up.

"We're not in the past anymore. Please refrain from interfering with my life." He opened the door of his car.

There was hurt in her eyes. Leticia blinked a couple times as she tighten her throat. He had hurt her.

He wanted to reach her hand to let her know that he didn't mean to sound harsh. But his persona now didn't let him. He wasn't a softy. He had hardened with time and he would be dammed if this moment changed it all around.

"I was your present last year. Despite what happened I was still present. I don't believe you that I can be your past now. Not so sudden."

"You're not the only one that moved on." Shownu gripped the door, his hand fading into the color of his car. 

"Shownu, please. We have been in each other's life for song. I can't," Leticia said, backing away as she looked away. " No, I won't you decide when we'll stop being in each other's life. I can't let that happen."