𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

Gyeonggi-do◗  

" Let's go! Yay, mum decided to take me to audition today! It's our chance! "

THE VILLAGE IN GYEONGGI-DO was always nipped with cold air around mid-november

THE VILLAGE IN GYEONGGI-DO was always nipped with cold air around mid-november. The air chilly, leaves dry and crunching under the feet of passers by, the trees and streets already coated with heavy sheets of snow.

It was one of those times Mi Bora loved. She sat by her window, enjoying the early morning snowfall while gentle yet cold breeze passed by, making her shiver and sink lower in the sheets wrapped around her.

The morning was just like every other. A rooster calling in the morning to wake everyone up, the sun just up but already covered with smoky yet white clouds, some people passing down the streets to start their early business.

A knock on the wooden door was heard, soon followed by the creaking noise of the door being pushed open,
" Bora-ya? Are you up? "

" Nae, halmeoni! I'm coming. "

She got off the window, shutting it quietly before making her way towards the door. You must be wondering she was up that early?

Bora loved her grandparents very much. Her grandma goes on a early morning walk everyday except weekends, than spend a peaceful hour at the temple on the way back and collect a few needed things.

It was a daily routine and Bora absolutely loved spending time with the old lady. The two set off while her grandfather was already opening his bakery.

The bakery was quite popular around the village in Gyeonggi-do, and Bora knew why. Even if her grandparents were old, they never ceased to surprise customers with their amazing cooking skills, especially baking and Bora always tagged along to learn.

The two made their way towards the temple, not minding the layers of snow and entering the temple, warm air suddenly hitting them.

Bora sighed in content, her cold nipped nose now feeling warm as she breathed in the calm air around and sat down with her grandmother.

Her eyes would always follow the passers by, she tries to understand them or read. Like the one plump man that had just exited a house, trying to fix his tie while one of his shoelace untied.

He had shamelessly bowed towards the temple, that too in a wrong way before he had scurried away. Bora watched with amusement, shaking her head before she averted her gaze towards a lady probably in her sixth month of pregnancy dragging a toddler towards one of the shop.

She never understood the concept of giving birth, or getting pregnant. What was the use if you had it half-heartedly?

What was the pleasure in it if you gave birth to a life only to treat it miserably and not give it a happy life.