14

——- beginning of season 2 ——-

Elly's view

Elly: „Just leave me in peace, okay?"

Dad: „Elly! Stop! I don't know what's going on with you since you are back from Freeridge, but your behavior is unacceptable. Your mother and I have enough of tiptoeing around you. Please tell us what's going on."

Mom: „We are really worried about you, my love."

Elly: „I'm sorry."

Mom: „We know you are. But we want to know what's going on with you. Usually you are not like that."

Elly: „It's nothing. We already talked about it. It was hard on me what happened back in Freeridge before I left. With my friends."

Dad: „But you felt already better after it happened. And then suddenly, everything changed again. To the worse."

Elly: „I don't know what to say really. I will behave better. I promise."

Mom: „Okay. But is there really nothing else wrong?"

Elly: „No, nothing happened."
That was a lie. Much happened.

I left the living room, went into my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I walked over to my bed and fell into it. A soft sigh left my lips.

Much happened, but I couldn't tell my parents about any of it. Where would I even start?

I met a guy in Freeridge. He's older than me, has been in prison, and is a gang boss. Everything went great. We had a great time. Until my friends were shot and I had to go back to Germany. Then we stayed in contact for a while until he ghosted me. Then suddenly he broke up with me and got back together with his ex.

I'm sure my parents would love to hear all of that. By the time we moved to Freeridge, they would probably lock me in my room till I'm 18.

I unlocked my phone, opened my messages and searched for Oscar's name. I needed to scroll longer till I found our convo. The more it moved down, the more time had passed without us having any contact.

I read our conversation for the approximately 200th time.

Elly: „Hey."

Oscar: "Hey."

Elly: "How have you been?"

Oscar: "Good. You?"

Elly: "Me too. I didn't hear from you in a longer time. Is everything okay?"

Oscar: "Yeah. All good. I'm kinda busy at the moment. Catch you another time."

Elly: „Wait. That's the first time in almost two weeks we are talking and you want to go directly."

Oscar: „I'm busy."

Elly: „Okay, I see how it is. Bye."

Oscar: „What tf is wrong with you?"

Elly: „With me? I'm not acting like an asshole."

Oscar: „I just said I'm busy. Get over it."

Elly: „You know, your priorities speak volumes."

Oscar: „What this shit means?"

Elly: „It means that clearly everything else is more important than talking to your girlfriend."
Elly: „Am I even still your girlfriend?"

Oscar: "Yes."
Oscar: „ I mean I don't know..."
Oscar: „I guess not."

It hit me like lightening.
Elly: "Are you for real?"