36

Elly's view

Elly: „Can't you understand why he did it?"

Cesar: „I can't! Seriously, I can't! First he makes a deal with 19th Street which they will never keep. They are laughing about our greenness behind our backs. These kids don't want no goddamn peace. And after that he just runs from his own shitty contract like a bitch? He took the easy way out!"

Elly: „Easy?!? Did you loose your goddamn mind? Didn't you see him after he got jumped out. He was barely holding on to his life. It took him weeks to get better. He payed his debt to the Santos. He was always loyal to them, but when it's enough it's enough. He didn't just do it for himself, he did it for me and our baby. For our family and our future. And this shitty contract you are talking about? This he did for Freeridge. For the block. For the Santos. And also for you, Cesar. He never meant to hurt you. He just wanted what's best for you."

Cesar: „What's best for me? Did he also want my best when he stole my money. The Rollerworld money my friends and I found. Did he also want me best when I lost my two best friends because of his selfishness, because he just wanted all the money for himself."

Elly: „Argh Cesar! That's water under the bridge. Oscar doesn't have your money. Like he told you already a thousand times."

Cesar: „I don't believe shit he's saying!"

Elly: „Do you really think if he would've 200.000 Dollars laying around, he would've sold his beloved car and we would be still here? No! We would be out of Freeridge by now. But he's earning his money all by himself since Ray got him the job as a cook. And now we finally do have enough money to get out of here. But I know how much it hurts Oscar that his hermanito is angry at him. We can't leave like that."

Cesar: „I don't give a shit if he's leaving or not. He can fulfill his dream of a restaurant at the end of the world if he wants to. My life is here. With my real family. With the Santos."

Elly: „Will the Santos still be your family if they find out what happened to Cuchillos? It's just a matter of time till they Id her. And even if you can trust them and the threat doesn't come from the Santos, there are more than enough others who would like to see you with some holes in your body. Oscar explained to me how fast shit can go down in a situation like that. And he's scared you underestimate it."

Cesar: „Tell him I can handle my own. He's dead for me since he left the Santos. I don't have a brother anymore."

With these words Cesar turned around and walked off.

Elly: „Don't be a fool! You know you are always welcome in our home and to come with us."

But he didn't respond to the words I shouted after him.

I sighed. Men. Why they gotta be so difficult? Especially these Diaz-fools.

After Oscar tried to warn Cesar and to convince him to come with us out of Freeridge yesterday, Cesar still didn't listen to him. Oscar thought it's a good idea I would give it a try.

Obviously that didn't go as planned too.

Meanwhile Cesar disappeared in the house which once was my second home.

I sighed again and turned around.

A figure I knew very well was leaning against the tree next to me.

Sad Eyes: „Hola, Gorgeous."
Elly: „Hola Antonio."

Sad Eyes: „It's nice to see you. Really. You look great. The baby stomach really suits you."

I smiled.
Elly: „Thank you."

Sad Eyes: „So how have you been?"

Elly: „You mean since you participated in beating up my boyfriend, the love of my life and father of my unborn child almost to death? I've been great. Thank you for asking."

Sad Eyes rolled his eyes.
Sad Eyes: „The emphasis is on the word „almost". I needed to do it. And it wasn't just me. He knew what's about to happen when he jumps out."

There was a short silent break between us.

Elly: „Still, I thought you would go a little easier on him. I mean he was your best friend, and a Santo, and.... and you could have done it for me."

Sad Eyes grinned.
Sad Eyes: „Maybe I hit him so hard because I was thinking about you."

I gave him a questioning look.
Sad Eyes: „I was finally able to take a little bit revenge for the fact that he snatched you from under my nose."

He walked past me in the direction of Cesar's house.

Elly: „Sad Eyes..."

Sad Eyes: „I'm serious. If I had claimed you just a few hours earlier, maybe that would be my baby now and you'd be mad at Spooky for beating me up too hard."

Sad Eyes: „Who knows."
He shrugged his shoulders before entering the house.

Please don't forget to upvote and/or comment if you like the story. I would appreciate it ☺️