32

Oscar's view

Not only 19th Street has been worrying me lately, but Cuchillos as well.

She becomes more and more unpredictable. She makes bad decisions and draws in innocents like Cesar and his little friends.

I get the feeling she doesn't trust me anymore. I notice that because she no longer initiates me into everything. Maybe rightly? After all, I met 19th Street behind their back to accommodate them. It was necessary to keep everything calm, but if Cuchillos finds out, I got a problem. I recently found that she turned already on my father. Nothing stops her from turning on me too.

She called me to see her today. We meet in a fancy restaurant. I'll see what happens.

Cuchillos: „You're right. I thought about what you said, about 19th Street. Those kids are reckless. Reckless is not good for business."

Oscar: „What do you wanna do?"

Cuchillos: „Throw them a bone. We'll give 'em Jefferson. Set a meeting for us."

Oscar: „Consider it handled."

What is wrong with this woman? She changes her mind every minute. She's wrong. Reckless is not the problem here. She is.

I wanted to stand up and leave the place, but Cuchillos stopped me.
Cuchillos: „Oh, and Spooky, tell your brother and his amigos to hurry up a bit. I want Lil' Ricky. And I want him sooner than later."

I sighed.
Cuchillos: „And if the safety and well-being of your brother isn't motivation enough for you to push them forward, then take into consideration that I also have an eye on your beautiful girlfriend at any time."

My eyes widened. I felt the anger taking control over me. She can threaten me with anything she wants, but not Elly.

Cuchillos: „It would be so sad if something happens to her. Don't you think so?"
She smiled nastily.

I turned around quickly and left the restaurant before I do something I would regret.

I drove off in my Impala. I turned around the corner and tried to calm down, but the anger and worry about Elly didn't get less.

I stopped at a red light and hit the steering wheel with my fists several times. That helped to let the stress out.

No time for anger now. I need a plan. A plan to get rid of this crazy woman. For the safety of Elly. For the safety of my hermanito and his friends. For the safety of the block and the Santos.

She asked me to schedule a meeting with 19th Street. What if I promise 19th Street a place at the table if they help me to finish this woman in this meeting. I would be the new leader of the Santos and would have the power to do that for these boys. And at the same time I would save Elly and the others.

The plan was good and could work. The only worry I had was that Cuchillos might suspect something and that 19th Street would snitch on me. But I needed to take that risk. It's the only chance I have.

On my way home I got several texts from Cesar and Jamal. How this annoying kid even got my number?

They were worried because they tried everything to find Lil' Ricky, but nothing worked. They were scared of Cuchillo's reaction. She threatened them already and they didn't know what to do anymore to get away from her anger and revenge.